MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: June 6-2018 V4 Beta stp Translation

16 Jul 2018   [#1]
Whilst exporting .stp format the object name is not included any longer - all translations become ID'ed as "part". This problem only occurs in June 6-2018 V4 beta.

R.St.John
16 Jul 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Rodger, I can't seem to repeat this over here.

Here's what I tried - using the Jun-6-2018 v4 beta I drew a box in MoI and gave it an object name of "Box", then I saved that to .stp format, then restarted MoI and loaded that .stp file back in and it still has the name "Box" on it.

I also tested loading the same .stp file into Rhino and ViaCAD and the "Box" name came into each of those as well.

Can you please give some more specific information on what you're doing when you are running into this problem? Is it when importing the stp into a particular application?

Thanks, - Michael
16 Jul 2018   [#3]
I have a relatively large aircraft assembly with 30 separate objects comprising 220 parts. I am beginning to believe I may compromised a setting. I am going to add part by part, save stp format check name - etc. Interesting as V3 works like a charm.

Incredible software with great support. Will advise re findings.

Thank you. Rodger.
16 Jul 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Thanks Rodger - are you not seeing the name when you are loading the .stp file back into MoI or is it some other software?

Is it possible for you to send the model to me so I can test with it over here? With a large file you'll probably need to use a file sharing service like Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive and e-mail the link to me at moi@moi3d.com .

Thanks, - Michael
16 Jul 2018   [#5]
...or the free https://wetransfer.com to 2 Gigas ;) (7 days validity)
17 Jul 2018   [#6]
Big OOPS Michael. Problem not with MoI but rather with maintaining consistent settings with receiving software.

We are good now but rather embarrassed. Apologies all around. Thank you. Rodger
17 Jul 2018   [#7] In reply to [#6]
No problem Rodger, I'm glad you got it sorted out!

- Michael