MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi3d 4.0 SavePointFile not working, how to export x,y point coordinates?

Show messages: All  1  2-4

4 Jul 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi skipper, please try the updated version of the script from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5124.2

Use the one that says it was updated to run on OSX, that one will work on both Windows and Mac v4 because it was updated to use MoI's built in functions for working with text files rather than using an ActiveX control.

- Michael
5 Jul 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hello Michael,

I updated the commands with the proposed versions and tested both import and "export" (SavePointFile) but the latter doesn't work in the sense, that I am not prompted to provide any filename and I don't see any file created automatically using e.g. the current Moi3d file name with another extension?! Import works fine.

What could be the problem?

Skipper
5 Jul 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi skipper, well looking in your .3dm file in the start of this thread, there aren't any "point objects" in the file which is what the SavePointFile command is looking for. It won't recognize edit points that you can turn on for curve editing which is probably what you are doing?

You can convert edit points into point objects by selecting all edit points (but not the curve itself) and using Ctrl+C copy and then Ctrl+V paste. A quick way to select all edit points is to select one and then do Ctrl+A for select all.

Once you have converted the edit points into individual point objects then SavePointFile should do what you need.

- Michael

Show messages: All  1  2-4