MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi3d vs Rhino

Show messages: All  1-6  7-14

3 Jul 2018   [#7]
I do architectural work. I love designing and modeling with MoI3d. I do use it in tandem with Rhino. Rhino currently has features that MoI does not ... dimensioning is a prime example. It is coming to MoI in the relatively near future. Rhino reads MoI files perfectly so switching to add dimensions and other features is easy. I do currently need both programs. I usually do as much as I can with MoI and then switch to Rhino for more finished work.
cheers,
eric
27 Jul 2018   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Hi Michael ...
Dimensions soon in Beta 4 ?
cheers,
eric
27 Jul 2018   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Hi eric, sorry probably not for the next beta but probably the one after. It will probably be one of the last areas that I'll work on before wrapping up v4.

- Michael
28 Jul 2018   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Thanks for the reply Michael.
I'll just keep anticipating.
cheers,
eric
3 Aug 2018   [#11] In reply to [#3]
Rhino 6 now incorporates a new render engine which is "borrowed" from Blender. It's the Cycles Renderer which can produce really astounding results, even in real time mode. You should give it a try.
3 Aug 2018   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Hello 3image.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.
The current Rhino's implementation of Cycles it's absolutely not comparable with the counterpart that we have in Blender.
I can say this because I have both Rhino V5 for some years and I've tested for several months the version V6 WIP (all the latest builds) of Rhino.
The implementation of Cycles in Rhino it's "only a shadow" compared to the full and very powerful Cycles engine that you have in Blender.

Regards.
4 Aug 2018   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hello Marco,

Yes, I know, it's indeed not comparable to Blender. Especially not with Blender 2.8 on the horizon.

What I meant was that the new renderer in Rhino v6 is way better compared to the old native renderer of Rhino v5. And I think this is very true.
4 Aug 2018   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi 3image.

@You : "...the new renderer in Rhino v6 is way better compared to the old native renderer of Rhino v5..."
Oh..yes! About this point I agree with you.
It's built-in the Rhino package and this is good, considering how much Rhino costs.
But, beside the overall quality and feature that are much less then the counterpart in Blender, it's also rather slower than it.
Anyway...it's included into the Rhino package and it's better than nothing :)

Ciao :)

Show messages: All  1-6  7-14