MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Problem with exporting from MOI 4.0 to Adobe Illustrator

20 Jun 2018   [#1]
Please can someone assist me. I have a simple line drawing in the 'Top' view. I'm trying to export it to illustrator to use it with type etc. However when ever I either save the file as an .ai or export as .ai and import or open in Illustrator cc18, I can see no lines at all!

I'm sure it must be something simple but I really cant get it to work!

Best

Petr
20 Jun 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Petr, are you using the "Preserve Units" option when you're exporting? If so then it's possible that your objects are some distance away from the visible page in Illustrator. With "Preserve Units" enabled, currently MoI will map its 0,0,0 world origin point to the 0,0 Illustrator origin which is in the lower left corner of the page in AI. So you would want to make sure your objects are contained within a page sized rectangle area starting at 0,0,0 in MoI if you're using that option.

If that's not what you were running into can you please post your AI file here or send it to me at moi@moi3d.com through e-mail if you want to keep it private?

- Michael
27 Jun 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting back so quick and apologies for late reply, have been away. I'll have a look at come back to you.
Regards

Petr
27 Jun 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Yes, it was off the grid and so wasn't working. In other software the thing you have highlighted becomes the area of focus for the export and it was this that threw me. That and not having the grid visible.

Thanks again for the help!

Best

Petr