MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MOI - Reviewing the program as an creative designer in the architecture and interior design profession

18 Jun 2018   [#1]
Greetings!

First, let me say I am blown away with the ease of designing very complex forms, but at the same time MOI has tapped into my natural creative flow!!!!!
Great job!!!!
As an designer in architecture / interior design, I have been patiently looking for a creative program that balances my hand sketching and computer flow for searching for new forms. MOI is just the right program for me!!!
I am still using the 30 day trial period, but will buy MOI after the trial period. My only issue is should I wait until the version is released, because I am a new parent and only part time teaching right now --my cash flow is a bit tight.
I am curious, what others in the architecture field think of MOI?
19 Jun 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi FED, I'm glad that you are liking MoI! Yes there will be a new version coming out in not too long, I don't have a final release date set quite yet but it will be sometime before the end of this year.

There is an academic discount version available to students and faculty which can be ordered from Studica here: http://studica.com/moi3d .

Thanks, - Michael
19 Jun 2018   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Fed ...
I have been using MoI as my primary design tool for architectural projects for a few years now and after many, many years using CAD find it to be the best for my needs (residential and commercial projects up to a couple of million).
In my experience its only lack is easy dimensions and line types which I believe are 'coming soon'. Then I would also be able to use MoI for design through working drawings.
I suggest you buy MoI 3 now and start using the MoI 4 beta. It does seem to be bug free or nearly so.
cheers,
eric
19 Jun 2018   [#4]
My profession is also Interior Design. After using a lot of other Cad software I came to Moi3D. Behind the easy to use UI is a lot of power and you can do in 3D nearly everything with this fabulous piece of program.

The two things I miss, dimensions and rendering, are, like I think, coming soon.