MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: How many computer can I install Moi

14 Jun 2018   [#1]
Hello, I am a freelance 3D modeler and looking for a low cost Nurb based 3d software. I'm just curious if I purchase Moi how many computers can I install with single license and how can I backup the license because sometimes I upgrade, reformat my OS and sometimes we cant escape form a hard drive failure. Thank you in advance for your response.

Kind Regards,
Jay
14 Jun 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Jay, you can install the same one purchased MoI license on any number of your computers including on both Windows and Mac machines, just as long as it is only actively launched and running on one of those installs at a time. MoI does not bind itself to only install on one hardware configuration or require an online "activation" type process. You don't need to do anything special to set up the multiple installs you just use the same installer and same license key on each machine.

You only need to get a separate license for another machine if some other person is going to be using MoI there the same time as you.

The license key is a short code that looks like this: VER3-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX . You can back it up using any method you like for backing up some text like save it to a .txt file on an external hard drive, burn it to CD-ROM, print it out, write it on the back of an envelope, ...

It's a good idea to back up both the license key and the installer as well so you have everything you need, but the main thing is the license key. You can get a new download of the installer later on by putting in your license key here: http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm .

Oh also you might want to back up the moi.ini file which contains any settings you might have customized, so you can restore everything back as it was after a full reformat.

- Michael
18 Jun 2018   [#3]
Hi Michael,

Is it also possible to run MoI i.e. on Linux/Wine and in a virtual Windows machine on the same PC at the same time, assuming I'm the only user?
For me, this would primarily be for testing, i.e. to check if V4 behaves any different with Wine vs. Windows (i.e. concerning the issue with object selection).

best regards

Bernhard
18 Jun 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Bernhard, I think that should work. If you run into an error message saying the same license is in use on a different machine on the local area network you might need to close MoI from one of those environments before starting it in the other.

- Michael
19 Jun 2018   [#5]
Hi Michael,

thanks for the feedback! I'll try it out.

best regards

Bernhard