MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Jun-6-2018 available now

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-68

20 Jun 2018   [#41] In reply to [#40]
Hi OSTexo, thanks for reporting this bug, I can repeat it over here too.

It's a side effect from STEP file import now showing some UI during the loading process, it will need to wait for just a moment until the main window is fully initialized before loading the file. Shouldn't be difficult to fix.

Thanks, - Michael
20 Jun 2018   [#42] In reply to [#39]
Hi Michael.

Look at the file, I changed it, maybe it will be clearer.
21 Jun 2018   [#43] In reply to [#42]
Hi Vladimir, I'm sorry but I'm still not understanding what to look for.

Are you seeing a difference in shape? In number of segments? I tried moving the curves on top of each other to look for variations in shape but all 3 versions seem to stack up exactly on top of each other.

Is it that the red curves are not detected as arcs in the last set? That's probably because they were arcs of very large radius values so they're very close to being lines.

- Michael
21 Jun 2018   [#44] In reply to [#43]
Hi Michael.

To work with CNC, you need arcs or lines, and here you get a curve, and in this place there is a pass in the CNC program file.
I do not want to use another intermediate program. If the fix is not rational then I will use three instead of two programs.
I'll solve the problem somehow. Thank you for your time.

Vladimir.
21 Jun 2018   [#45] In reply to [#44]
Hi Vladimir, unfortunately that's probably difficult to fix.

Probably what's happening is your original arcs don't share an exact end point where they touch, there is an overlap of length about 0.0003 mm between their end points. During one of the steps for your save/reload/join/separate process the endpoints for the segments inside of a single curve are getting trued up so they are exactly meeting end-to-end but that small change is enough to disturb an arc that is such a small piece of a much larger radius.

I'd think you could solve it by getting the ends trued up exactly by moving the last 2 arcs away and then moving them back with end object snaps so they exactly touch end to end before doing your other operations on them.

That's what I did with the attached file, does it behave better for you?

- Michael

Attachments:
arc & curve trued.3dm

21 Jun 2018   [#46] In reply to [#45]
Hi Michael.

Yes, it helped. Thanks for your help.
Now it is clear what was the problem, I will continue to be more careful.
I'm sorry to have distracted you from your work.

Vladimir.
21 Jun 2018   [#47] In reply to [#46]
No problem Vladimir, I'm glad that worked!

- Michael
23 Jun 2018   [#48]
Michael - do you have a date yet for when you will begin offering free upgrades to v4 with the purchase of v3? I'm learning the software now and looking to purchase in the next few months.
23 Jun 2018   [#49] In reply to [#48]
Hi Utopius, sorry I still don't know yet.

- Michael
24 Jun 2018   [#50]
Hi Michael ...
Do you have an ETA for dimensions yet?
I have just finished a project that needed dimensions and notes and general adjustments and had to do it with alternate software, so the question arises again.
My apologies.
cheers,
eric
24 Jun 2018   [#51] In reply to [#50]
Hi eric, sorry I don't know for sure yet but I am hoping I can start working on it next month. It could be possible that what I'm able to implement initially for v4 will be too rudimentary for your needs, I can't guarantee that you will not need to use other software to complete your work in that area but it will at least be a step towards that.

- Michael
25 Jun 2018   [#52] In reply to [#51]
Thanks for the reply, Michael.
I'll try to curb my anticipation and enjoy whatever unfolds in the next months.
My method these days is to work with MoI for all the starting design and modeling and at some point to switch to another program to finish.
By that, I really mean to do the 2d working drawings. I am not facile enough to switch back and forth and keep my workflow smooth.
I do love the MoI process to get to the working drawing stage, though, and always am disappointed when I have to switch gears.
cheers,
eric
3 Jul 2018   [#53]
Hi Michael,

I detected an issue with construction lines in this version of MoI. If I draw a c-line, the anchor point moves away undefined from the point where I started to draw. I couldn't find this problem in preceding versions. I use the Mac version.
3 Jul 2018   [#54] In reply to [#53]
Hi jopo, I can't seem to repeat the c-line anchor point moving away over here.

Is it happening to you when you are inside a particular drawing command or in any command?

Does the entire c-line move around?

- Michael
4 Jul 2018   [#55] In reply to [#54]
Hi Michael,

it's happening in any command but not always and just the snap point is moving (watch the GIF) It feels like MoI would try to snap the c-line to the next grid point, but grid snap is switched off.

Image Attachments:
2018-07-04 15_23_12.gif 

4 Jul 2018   [#56] In reply to [#55]
Hi jopo, thanks for the screencap that helped a lot. It took me a while to get it to happen over here but now I can get it.

I think it's a side effect from some changes in the last beta to try and stop mouse move messages from stacking up when working on heavier models.

It looks like you can get different snapping behavior from the mouse move versus the click if your click down spot is within the outer 1 or 2 pixels of the boundary distance where snaps engage or disengage.

You can probably avoid it from happening at the moment if you move your mouse just a slight bit more towards the snap point before you start making the cline.

I'll investigate a fix, thanks for reporting it.

- Michael
12 Jul 2018   [#57] In reply to [#56]
Hi Michael,

thank you for your reply. I tried the workaround you recommended above but it's not working properly. So, if I need the functionality a lot for some drawings I switch to a preceding version. And for the normal daily business i can live with it.
12 Jul 2018   [#58] In reply to [#57]
Hi jopo, it should be fixed for the next beta release thanks for reporting it.

- Michael
24 Aug 2018   [#59]
Hi Michael,

I've been away from MoI for a few months, due to polygon sculpting jobs. But I'm glad a job has arrived that's perfectly fit for MoI. It's always a delight to return to the poetic elegance of MoI.

I'm wondering if there's a new beta around the corner, and if that's the case, would you be willing to shine a little light on what we can expect? My curiosity is burning. :)

Have a nice weekend everyone.
24 Aug 2018   [#60] In reply to [#59]
Hi Metin, yes a new v4 beta should be ready within the next couple days I think. It's focused on performance enhancements with multi-core processing for loading 3dm files and an updated display engine that should improve display performance on large files.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-68