MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: WIP of futuristic helicopter

29 May 2018   [#1]
Hello everyone just thought I would share a futuristic helicopter I have been working on with MOI. Still working on smaller details and texturing will be later.

Image Attachments:
work in progress futuristic helicopter.jpg  work in progress futuristic helicopter1.jpg  work in progress futuristic helicopter2.jpg  work in progress futuristic helicopter3.jpg  work in progress futuristic helicopter4.jpg 

1 Jun 2018   [#2]
Hi 3DFANATIC. This is super detailed and the thumbnails don't do it justice! It wasn't until I opened the images that I took notice of all the details. It looks very clean, congrats!
2 Jun 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thanks immortalx, appreciate the suggestion and the feedbak! I am going to attach some images to see better thanks

Image Attachments:
back engine assembly 6_2_18.jpg  cockpit opening device 6_2_18.jpg  perspective future helicopter 6_2_18.jpg  perspective future helicopter engine 6_2_18.jpg  perspective future helicopter landing gear assemblies 6_2_18.jpg  perspective future helicopter side blade assemblies 6_2_18.jpg 

3 Jun 2018   [#4] In reply to [#1]
Cool - that could be in an Avengers movie . . . great design!
6 Jun 2018   [#5]
Thanks VG I appreciate your feedback, here I have added more details to the propeller shroud let me know what you all think. Still in detail mode hope you all don't mind me sharing progress. For all I am keeping the edges sharp on the paneling to give it a sharp edge look on the paneling. Again thanks Michael for this great tool asset to building 3d hard surface models. I can't wait to start to texture this thing :)

Image Attachments:
Paneling for back propelor.jpg  Paneling for back propelor1.jpg  Paneling for back propelor2 top section.jpg 

12 Jun 2018   [#6]
Here is a small rendered update to the back propeller section. Added lights and some texturing.

Image Attachments:
000002.jpg  000014.jpg  000022.jpg 

13 Jun 2018   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hello!

Very nice rendering with a convincing look!
It's a promising wip :)
If I may give you a little tip...when you will do the final renderings, put them into a real world scenario.
The overall result will be very nice.
I don't know what kind of software you're using, but I know that, for blending 3D scenario into real world, Blender 2.79 is a great product, with a very good Shadow catcher and Image composition module.
You Can find tons of tutorial about that.
But, also a software like Affinity Photo (or Photoshop) can be a very good alternative, if you are familiar with "2d Image composition".

Have a nice day.
13 Jun 2018   [#8]
Hello Marko,
thanks for the suggestions and critique. I think I might actually use either Lightwave or Modo depending on some of the effects I am planning on adding to the ship. Right now I am using 3dcoat for the texturing and possibly going to animate with characters as well which I might think about using a new software Akeytsu for the character animation and rigging. It might possibly take your suggestion once textured to put this in a real world application possibly. Thanks again for your opinions and great upbeat response!
14 Jun 2018   [#9]
Those panels really came to life with the rendering. Bravo again, it looks stunning!
At first I thought I saw a Greek flag somewhere in there, so that made me twice happy :D
18 Jun 2018   [#10]
Impressive detail level!
18 Jun 2018   [#11] In reply to [#9]
LoL, looks like I need to do more tiles like that, too funny. Thanks for the positive feedback, appreciate that!
21 Jun 2018   [#12] In reply to [#6]
Very cool man!