MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Shaded View

19 Apr 2018   [#1]
I have seen a few tutorials online that show a 3D shaded viewport. I'm guessing there's a script I need to download somewhere? Please point me in the right direction. By the way, I purchased MoI only a couple weeks ago and this is already becoming my favorite software. Really looking forward to V4. Thanks, Kevin
19 Apr 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Kevin, re: shaded viewport - the way I like to do it is with this shortcut key set for the Space bar:

SaveAs c:\test.obj

that will trigger a save to an .obj file but not ask you for the filename since it's given as a command line parameter. Set the display option in the meshing options dialog to Display : Shaded and hit cancel when you're done.

Another way is to hide all edges, that can be done using the Scene browser under Types > Edge , or set up a shortcut key with the script from here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#ShadedDisplayMode , that's probably what was used in the tutorials you saw.

- Michael
25 Apr 2018   [#3]
Thanks Michael.
15 May 2018   [#4]
It would be amazing if MOI had real time ambient Occlusion in the viewport like Cinema4d or Magica Voxel. I find the current viewport settings quite cold and unwelcoming. Although very functional the current display doesn't compliment the rest of the inspirational and amazing creative workflow that MOI has. I tried messing around with all the lighting settings but all I really get is shinier models :) I'd love it to have options for a more natural look. Myabe its just me but I get a boost when I'm rotating around my models untextured and they already look great.

I'm thinking also Magica Voxel as a good realtime viewport reference..see below..

That and real time booleans. :)

Image Attachments:
6813__magicavoxel_1_31_3_16.png 

15 May 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Simon, unfortunately both of those things can have a detrimental effect on performance especially on more complex models. So I'd expect them to take quite a bit of development time to do a good job on them. Because of that I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on those areas.

- Michael
17 May 2018   [#6] In reply to [#5]
michael will u share ? mb users will improve shaders and visual aspects !
17 May 2018   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor,

re:
> michael will u share ?

Share what?

- Michael