MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Deform-Flow problem

14 Apr 2018   [#1]
Hi, I am trying to deform theses retangles to the curved object using deform-flow, but when it gets to the point to select the surface I am unable to select the whole piece, but only a fragment, so it deforms only to that little place... Why is that?

Thank you very much!

Image Attachments:
deform.jpg 

14 Apr 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Please post a .3dm file.

Using a star as the object to flow, on a test surface, Flow will work, for a swept surface with continuous uv isolines.

Suggest creating ONE side curve along the two side edges of your target, and sweep the top edge line along them, to create ONE long curvy surface.

- Brian
14 Apr 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi
Use Seamless script on your curve and extrude
see my sceenshot
14 Apr 2018   [#4]
With the proper Sweep, a seamless surface can be formed, as per Finema.
- Brian
14 Apr 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thank you all for the nice replies!!! Where do I get the seamless script? I could not find it...
14 Apr 2018   [#6] In reply to [#1]
Hi Savagliani,

> but when it gets to the point to select the surface I am unable to select the whole piece, but only a
> fragment, so it deforms only to that little place... Why is that?

It's because Flow works on a surface-to-surface basis, but your target object isn't made up of one single surface, it's made up of multiple surfaces joined to each other. You can see the individual pieces if you use the Edit > Separate command on it.

Was the object created by Extrude? If so then the reason why it's made up of multiple surfaces is because the curve you extruded was made up of multiple segments instead of just one single segment. Each curve segment will generate its own surface in the extrusion.

So one way to get the result you want is to modify the curve to make it have only a single segment instead of multiple segments. The easiest way to do that is to use the Rebuild command: http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference10.htm#rebuild

- Michael
15 Apr 2018   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Michael!!! Thanks a lot... Rebuild did the job! What a relief... Thank you all. What a wonderful forum!