MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Alternative UI layout

Show messages:  1-18  19-27

11 Apr 2018   [#19]
I just want to emphasize and support what Michael has just mentioned.
It's extremely difficult for a developer to support non standard customization to his/her application. We should all be thankful in the first place, that we are actually able to do that, and everyone trying these custom modifications should be well aware that they can break the application's functionality.
With that said (and although I've no previous HTML knowledge, just general programming background) you are welcome to ask me anything for this custom ui and I'll do my best (if I can) to make it happen :)
11 Apr 2018   [#20] In reply to [#18]
Hello Michael,
I am using Max' CustomUI.2.0.beta1 with MoI V4 and a MacPro 5.1 with OS X 10.10.5
- moritz
11 Apr 2018   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi moritz, so if I remember right Max's new CustomUI 2.0 for MoI v4 uses this element that is in the default MoI v4 CommandBar.htm as the target for where to place the added buttons:

code:
            <span id="CommandBarCustomUI">
            </span>

This element appears to be missing in this alternative UI. If you add it in that may solve it.

But also I would think you would see an error message pop up when the CustomUI startup script tried to do something to this element but it wasn't there, however you didn't mention any error message being displayed?

- Michael
11 Apr 2018   [#22] In reply to [#19]
Hi immortalx,
In addition to the shortcut key editor, everything else is perfect. The shortcut key editor background color and scroll bar can be modified?

Image Attachments:
1.png 

11 Apr 2018   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Hi Yuan, sorry in MoI V3 the shortcut key editor is a non-HTML custom control and there isn't any way to modify its colors.

This is solved in V4 - in MoI v4 the custom control is removed and the shortcut key editor is HTML based and can have colors modified same as other UI.

- Michael
11 Apr 2018   [#24] In reply to [#21]
Hello Michael,
thanks for pointing that out. The program runs so far, but I get this error message (error_message.png):

@immortalx:
Hello immortalx,
I miss the dimensions of selected objects. Is that correct?
(UI immortalx.png vs. default_UI.png)
- moritz

Image Attachments:
default_UI.png  error_message.png  UI immortalx.png 

11 Apr 2018   [#25] In reply to [#24]
Hi Moritz, that error message looks like it's from the startup script here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.8

The problem you're running into is the one I described later in the thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.12

You'll need to remove that file from your app data startup directory.

Please note that all the problems you are describing here are from interactions between extensions that are not part of the regular MoI install and are not supported by myself directly.

- Michael
11 Apr 2018   [#26] In reply to [#25]
Hello Michael,
thanks for the help.
I'd better leave the MoI V4 as it is for now.
But what I really miss - compared to the V 3.1 - are the little helpers for better orientation (see photos). Will they reappear in the final version?
- moritz

Image Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 23.53.26.png  Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 23.53.56.png  Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 23.55.22.png 

11 Apr 2018   [#27] In reply to [#26]
Hi moritz, yup those text labels will be coming back for v4 soon.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-18  19-27