MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Side Panel set up

3 Apr 2018   [#1]
Hey guys,

Couple questions about the MOI UI. Set up a basic Custom UI from Max a while back...but...

1. How do I set up my 4 views with no center divider like the attached image?
2. In the Side Panel...how do I separate out the tabs like the attached image?
3. Is there a way to make a Hot Key for "Hide/Show"? Doesn't want to work by just typing "Hide" in the Shortcut keys command line. Script?

Thx!

Image Attachments:
Custom UI.png 

3 Apr 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi mat,

> 1. How do I set up my 4 views with no center divider like the attached image?

The frame around a viewport comes from an image ui\ViewportForeground.png - if you delete it then there won't be any rounded frame around the outside of the viewports and that should get rid of the divider.

> 2. In the Side Panel...how do I separate out the tabs like the attached image?

Please see this thread:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.1

> 3. Is there a way to make a Hot Key for "Hide/Show"? Doesn't want to work by just typing "Hide"
> in the Shortcut keys command line. Script?

Information on this is in the help topic for shortcut keys:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#shortcutkeys

- Michael
4 Apr 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael,

> 1. The frame around a viewport comes from an image ui\ViewportForeground.png - if you delete it then there won't be any rounded frame around the outside of the viewports and that should get rid of the divider.

Is it possible to simply pull out the "ViewportForeground.png" from the UI folder...put it in desktop folder outside of the MOI app, just to save it incase I decide to put it back?

> 2. Please see this thread:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.1

Great thread thanks. I got lost on the coding so I was happy to see you had an HTM file with the split tabs code. Same question as above...can I pull out the current SidePane.htm, save it in a folder...drop in the SidePane split version to test? And put back the stock SidePane.htm if necessary?

I've renamed your split SidePane as SidePane_SplitView.htm....does changing the name affect anything? Just trying to keep track of the stock htm vs the modified one.

I'd prefer not to delete stock files if I don't have to.

> 3. Script works great. Didn't see that list in the help section.

Thanks!
4 Apr 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi mat,

> Is it possible to simply pull out the "ViewportForeground.png" from the UI folder...put it in
> desktop folder outside of the MOI app, just to save it incase I decide to put it back?

Sure that would work fine. Or you could leave it in the UI folder and rename it as ViewportForeground_orig.png or something like that.

> Same question as above...can I pull out the current SidePane.htm, save it in a folder...drop in the SidePane
> split version to test? And put back the stock SidePane.htm if necessary?

Yup.

> I've renamed your split SidePane as SidePane_SplitView.htm....does changing the name affect anything?
> Just trying to keep track of the stock htm vs the modified one.

Changing the name should have the same effect in MoI as deleting the file - MoI is going to be looking for a file named SidePane.htm , any file named anything other than that will just not be used.

- Michael
4 Apr 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Michael,

Everything worked great! The naming as on/off makes sense now. Got it.

I may try to separate out the "Draw Curve" and "Draw Solid" panels myself. Took a look at the HTM files side by side, original vs your modified one...I think I see the difference now.

If I understand this right...after the info for Draw Curve ending with
I type in </moi:PaletteBody>
Then...<moi:PaletteHeader id="DrawSolid">
-DrawSolid contents-

</moi:PaletteBody>

I'll give it a shot. I'm feeling lucky.

Thanks for the much appreciated help!

Mat
7 Apr 2018   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Michael,

Separated out the "Draw Curve"/"Draw Solid" thanks to you. Works great so far!

Just curious...why is it when I open the HTM file...the lines of code don't begin from the left hand side of the page. Seems to start from the centerline.

"TR" is lined up down the center of the page.

Thanks so much for your help! Love the customizability of MOI!
7 Apr 2018   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi mat,

re:
> Just curious...why is it when I open the HTM file...the lines of code don't begin from the left
> hand side of the page. Seems to start from the centerline.

That's from tab characters being expanded too large. Try using notepad++ to open it instead.

Having child content indented in helps to make sure opening/closing tags are balanced with each other.

- Michael