MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: The MOI userbase

Show messages: All  1-13  14-18

2 Apr 2018   [#14] In reply to [#12]
@pauland

I just purchased MoI today (Apr 2) after a month long trial. The trial time is really generous and I appreciate that. For me, MoI has features that other CAD/3D modelers lack. I also have paid licenses for Rhino3D as well as Maya.

1. The workflow, from creating curves, extruding, lofting and even object selection is very intuitive. For example, it's very simple to create multiple closed curves, then extrude them into multiple solids. Lots in common with rhino but easier to use with less clutter.

2. The export to OBJ creates very clean quads and triangle meshes. This is extremely important if your models are going to be used in real-time rendering. I have, in the past, wasted far too much time and money cleaning up crappy mesh exports from other packages.

3. Scripting - I see a lot of power here - hopefully we'll see more complete docs in the upcoming version (hint).

If you need a tool for work, MoI for $295 is a very good deal.
If for hobby use, there's always blender - which I cannot use because the UI completely fracks my brain every time I try it.

Jeff.
2 Apr 2018   [#15] In reply to [#12]
"The V2 suggestion may be an idea"

Yes, it was just an idea and suggestion to ask the maker of MOI if he would offer you V2
as you are on a tight budget.
2 Apr 2018   [#16] In reply to [#15]
Hi Tom & Paul - sorry no I don't feel comfortable with selling v2 now. It's obsolete - it's not like v2 is just v3 with some missing features but everything else is the same - it's missing tons of improvements in operating system compatibility and bug fixes and lots of fundamental things like that. It's not something that I'm focused on supporting.

- Michael
3 Apr 2018   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Uups sorry Paul for eventually creating expectations, I am of course only a user and now hearing
the arguments of Michael I can follow why it was a bad idea ;-(
3 Apr 2018   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Tom, no harm done and I appreciate the suggestion.

I'm a software developer myself and I entirely understand why V2 is now not an option.

I've started watching some of the online videos - looking good.

Paul

Show messages: All  1-13  14-18