MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Guitar neck and arch top methods

Show messages:  1-11  …  132-151  152-171  172-191  192-199

19 Mar 2023   [#192] In reply to [#190]
Hi Neil,
looks great hope business as picked up after pandemic.
Cheers
Barry
20 Mar 2023   [#193] In reply to [#191]
Thanks Frenchy Pilou!
20 Mar 2023   [#194] In reply to [#192]
Thanks Barry - things are OK. Looking to retire in the next couple years.
19 Jan   [#195]
I just recently built a 12 string guitar for the new guitarist in the Beach Boys - it was mostly done in 2D except for the arm and tummy contours. The body was made entirely in Moi3D and milled on the CNC machine. The neck shape was cut out and then made without using the CNC.
Although the guitar is the shape of a Fender Jazz Master - it is much different. The guitarist asked me for a guitar that looks like a Fender Jazzmaster. However, the original Beach Boys recordings feature 12 string guitars that were of a shorter scale length than a Jazzmaster and with humbucking pickups. So this guitar is a shorter scale length and features humbucking pickups - that look like Jazz Master pickups. The bridge is chrome over brass with strings through and all 12 of the saddles adjust completely so the guitar is perfectly in tune. The neck wood is quartered maple and the body is lightweight alder. When the wife and I went to see them in Chandler, AZ last year - they took us back stage to meet Mike Love and Bruce Johnston - and everybody complemented me on the sound of the guitar.

In the picture of people (taken backstage in Chandler, AZ) - John Wedemeyer (guitarist for the Beach Boys), my wife Susi, me, Mike Love, Faye Wiggins and Don Wiggins (head of support services at Fender).
Not a great video but here is a clip of the 12 string live in Carolina: https://youtu.be/kHP_4BrV7GE?feature=shared

I would like to thank everyone that helped me along the way learning Moi3D - I still have a lot to learn and look forward to spending some more time here. Again, many thanks for the advice and patience.

Image Attachments:
AtlanticCity91523.jpg  backstage1.jpg  BBJazz1.jpg  IMG_2245.jpg  IMG_3610.jpg  Wavecrest12a2.jpg  Wavecrest12incase2.jpg 

19 Jan   [#196] In reply to [#195]
Really cool work Neil!

- Michael
19 Jan   [#197] In reply to [#195]
Congrats VG.....
9 Feb   [#198] In reply to [#196]
Thank you Michael.
9 Feb   [#199] In reply to [#197]
Thank you BurrMan.

Show messages:  1-11  …  132-151  152-171  172-191  192-199