MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Scripts not working

27 Mar 2018   [#1]
Hi All

I can t get any of my scripts to work in the V4 Feb 09 version. Scripts like Wire, Pipe, Gears and nutsandbolts.
I am on the mac and allis and him files are in the commands folder . . .

I have attached a screenshot of the error and how it looks in my shortcuts window.

regards

Matt

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 08.11.44.png  Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 08.11.56.png 

27 Mar 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Matt, you'll get that particular error if MoI is not able to find the script named _Wire2 in the commands folder. When no file is found there, it tries to execute that shortcut as direct script code which gives that error.

So double check where you've copied the script files. The shortcut key setup part looks correct though.

Starting with this beta you can also copy the files into your appdata directory, so you won't have to copy them for new releases anymore. Here's the information on that:

quote:

Appdata commands folder - MoI will now look for commands in a "commands" subfolder under appdata in addition to the regular commands folder. On Windows this is located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Moi\commands, on Mac it's /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Moi/commands . Note that on Mac the user Library folder is hidden by default, you can use the Cmd Shift . [period] shortcut while in a Finder window to show it for that Finder session. This will be the new recommended place to install plug-in commands, if you put them here then you won't have to copy them anywhere when new betas are released.

- Michael
27 Mar 2018   [#3]
Thanks Micheal!!

I never knew the cmd shift . trick! You learn something everyday :-) Scripts work now and even happier knowing that will be the last time i go hunting for scripts to copy to commands folder

RE: ai export
You may recall a while back some of my requests to tidy up the points on true ellipses for export and when assigning thick and thin lines that they were not duplicates on top of initial line. No problem if you don't, you must have a lot going through your mind with MOI dev.

I can dig out screenshots if needed.

Is this something which could appear in next beta release?

Best regards

Matt
27 Mar 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Matt, I'm glad you've got it working now! I do have your requests for hidden line drawing generation tuneups on my to-do list but it's not likely to be ready for the very next beta though. My focus for the next beta is to finish clearing out all the regressions from MoI v3.

- Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#5]
Hey Michael,

I want to use the "NutsAndBullets" script by Max Smirnov. Unfortunately it´s not working. I´m still not a computer nerd, I don´t know what I did wrong, I´m sorry!
I tried "fat lines" as well, it´s working.

I wanted to have a look at Max´s Website again, but its off..

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Koi

Image Attachments:
Appdata.PNG  Error.PNG 

20 Mar 2022   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Koi, what version of MoI are you using?

You might try the script version Pilou has here:
http://moi3d.com/forum//index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5451.99

- Michael
23 Mar 2022   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Thank you very much!
Next time I will look sharper in the old posts

cheers