MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Parenting options for posing objects?

15 Mar 2018   [#1]
Hi folks,

Is there a way to parent objects so i repose them around specific axis?

I'm really loving modelling everything in MOI itself but i'll have to jump to a different program to repose my full model because I cant seem to do it in MOI.

Is there a way and I dont know it yet?

-Subroto

Here's the model I created in MOI which i want to pose.

Image Attachments:
BAE_11_03.63.jpg 

15 Mar 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
For the moment the only thing that you can do is name "each object" and select them as you want in the Menu Objects!
(for don't forget someones on direct selection on the screen! )
So make a list of name ordonned like this
ArmLeft01
ArmLeft02
ArmLeft03
ArmRight01
ArmRight02
ArmRight03
etc...
and even this list will be not incemented with offset on The Object dialog!

Maybe on the V 4 that will be more elaborated who knows... :)

PS You can make a sort of "one Level" of "SubObject" if you give a Style Color to a selection of Objects named!
For example
Select
ArmLeft01
ArmLeft02
ArmLeft03
and give them a Color Blue

So now when you select the Color Blue, your ArmLeftn are selected without lost their own names!

That is not the case when you select
ArmLeft01
ArmLeft02
ArmLeft03
ArmRight01
ArmRight02
ArmRight03
and name them Arms!!! Original names are losted!!!

Posing Kinematics is not yet implemented! Maybe with nodes Elephant?...I don't remember seen that...
15 Mar 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Cool, I'll try that.

My problem is I already used styles to name the materials for import into keyshot.

So i need to save two different files, one just for objects and materials, and one for objects and sub objects for posing.

Is there a workaround where i can assign materials and make sub objects?

Maybe I'm asking for too much haha.

Thanks !
15 Mar 2018   [#4]
Hi Subroto,

Please check the following discussion on how to use the Node Editor in order create a robot arm:

http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8747.1

Unfortunately, "frames" do not updated their orientation when using the "Rotate" node, so the orientations need to be cascaded, manually (I think this is an issue in the Rotate node implementation).

In other words: I'm fairly sure you could animate the robot with the Node Editor, but it could take some time to figure out how to get around the frame limitation.

regards

Bernhard
15 Mar 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thanks Bernhard. Although it looks a bit too complicated for me to understand how it functions.

For now , I guess I'll export it into a another program like Blender or Maya to pose it.

For that I need to learn those programs, hah.