MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Off topic : very personal thoughts about actual CG consumer software

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-77

6 Mar 2018   [#61] In reply to [#44]
Hi Chipp.

P.s....

I correct here a little mistake I did in one of my previous reply :)

@Me : "...It has great overall performance. A Very good piece of HW/SW from Samsung..."

It's not from Samsung..."Pixelbook" it's made directly by Google.

Corrected :)
6 Mar 2018   [#62]
Hello mkdm,

I don't think McNeel will change how Rhino works, although I think they could without alienating their customer base. The lack of change is many times driven by fear, perhaps McNeel is more afraid of the change than their customers.

I don't code, I work alongside great devs to make the features usable to the users. I do the same with physical products, that's what's great about UX, it has a practical application with just about any item you'll come across.
6 Mar 2018   [#63] In reply to [#62]
Hello OSTexo!

@You : "...The lack of change is many times driven by fear, perhaps McNeel is more afraid of the change than their customers..."

Hmm...I agree!

@You : "...I don't code..."

Ah..ok, got it!
I thought you were on dev side ;)

Ciao!
6 Mar 2018   [#64] In reply to [#60]
Hi Marco,

I suspect the reason for the slowness has to do with having to draw vectors. I believe Concepts draws raster images which are faster (and then Concept stores the stroke path in the db as a vector if needed later).
It's one of the reasons Concept's export to vectors does not look like the original drawing. Sketchbook also is a raster image product.

IMO, they really do serve two different purposes.
6 Mar 2018   [#65] In reply to [#64]
Hello Chipp!

@You : "...I believe Concepts draws raster images which are faster (and then Concept stores the stroke path in the db as a vector if needed later)..."

Exactly! :)

In fact I really like Concepts just for its superior render quality, for how its vector drawing are rendered.

@You : "...It's one of the reasons Concept's export to vectors does not look like the original drawing..."

Exactly again :)

If you export in PDF using "Vector path" option, the output is a "simplified" version. It retains only the "path" information and not the "rendering" information.
If you instead export in any other ways, also in PDF but "flattened", what you get is what you see.

But, this is not a problem for me because I use "Concepts" for "design and digital art" purposes and not for technical or engineering things.

Anyway, Concepts is a superb app if you need that kind of things.

But I must say that I want to thank you for introducing me to the very useful "neu.notes+".

I really like some of its features like "stamps" and how it handle the texts.

Thanks.

Ciao!
6 Mar 2018   [#66] In reply to [#65]
Yeah, neu.notes+ rocks. I used it and it's sister app neu.draw to export SVGs for use in the videos below. It worked great with the iPad version of videoscribe
https://www.videoscribe.co/en/

7 Mar 2018   [#67] In reply to [#66]
Hello Chipp!

@You : "...I used it and it's sister app neu.draw to export SVGs..."

Thanks for the tip :) but for all my "classic vector" things on iPad Pro I use these two very powerful Apps :

- "Autodesk Graphics" : an all-rounder classic vector app
- "Assembly" : a "not usual" vector graphic app for fast creation of concepts and design
http://assemblyapp.co/

But...with that said...almost ALL these things are now being overcome by the upcoming (maybe this summer or autumn) iPad Pro version of AFFINITY DESIGNER!!!!!!

On the Affinity forum we have been talking about it for a long time and there are realistic rumors about its coming not later then 2018!!

All "Affinity" people, like me, is waiting that day, because when we will have the full version of Designer on iPad Pro, like the actual Affinity Photo,
THIS WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE GAME CHANGER for the whole 2D CG world.
Something that cannot be ignored.

Ciao!
7 Mar 2018   [#68] In reply to [#67]
Marco,

While certainly powerful, those are Illustrator type vector apps. Not as well suited for me to taking notes, or even just sketching vectors (which is what you need to do if you're creating scribe videos).

I actually prefer Illustrator itself for vector drawings. Half the time I even start in MoI and paste into AI.

One thing I still hate about iOS is the lack of any decent file system-- not to mention the whole sandbox thing. Android not only has a file system, but you can also add memory cards as well.

I do like the Affinity concept, and own Photo , but I need a bit more features than it can deliver (for example: fill with Content Aware, intelligent upscaling, etc..).
7 Mar 2018   [#69] In reply to [#68]
Hi Chipp!

@You : "...One thing I still hate about iOS is..."

Chipp believe me...I totally hate iOS!!
Android is thousands times better :)

Unfortunately (for me) actually the best digital canvas that you can by for digital painting in mobility runs on iOS, and it's the iPad Pro second generation (for all the reasons I already told you).

But Android is miles away from iOS.
I think iOS is one the worst OS ever written.
It's.... ridiculous :)

About vector graphic I understand your point of view.

For quick sketching Apps like Concepts or neu.notes+ are much better than more complex Apps.

But anyway, as I've written in one of previous post, I'm really wanting the version of Affinity Designer for iPad Pro.
This "event" will change many things for CG in mobility.

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
12 Mar 2018   [#70]
Hello everyone!

So...it seems that "the day" for a brand new 2D CG vector experience on mobile device is not far away...

Check this "leak" video of the upcoming Affinity Designer for iPad Pro !!!

I can't wait to have it installed on my Pro :)

https://youtu.be/fLR_hMTMh6Q

https://youtu.be/GXxh_cr6Ro4

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
14 Mar 2018   [#71] In reply to [#1]
Hi
You talk of Amiga motivated me to find this old video of an animation I made with Delux Paint. I dont remember the DPaint tools but I do remember colouring in each pixel.

https://youtu.be/ZPh3Qo8fQIc

BW
Keith
14 Mar 2018   [#72] In reply to [#71]
Wow, that looks cool, Keith! It could have been an actual intro for a commercial flight combat game.
14 Mar 2018   [#73] In reply to [#71]
Hello Keith!

WOW! Thanks for sharing :)

@You : "...but I do remember colouring in each pixel..."

Lovely days...
23 Mar 2018   [#74]
Just saw this today: http://zgodzinski.com/blender-prehistory/ and i though it might be interesting to all the fellow Amiga old-timers on this forum :-)
23 Mar 2018   [#75] In reply to [#74]
Thanks a lot dinos!!

Wonderful things...wonderful memories.
24 Mar 2018   [#76] In reply to [#74]
Amiga RULES!! :D
24 Mar 2018   [#77]
Hi,

Don't know if someone has posted this in this thread, there's a recent documentary about the story of amigas :
http://amigafilm.com

Marc

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-77