MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Marco (mkdm)'s very personal Moi V3 - A gift for all moiers :)

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61

2 Mar 2018   [#41]
Marco, once more.

Thank you very much for your gift and your patience for me.

Rudl
2 Mar 2018   [#42] In reply to [#40]
Hello EVALON.

@You : "...(intentionally without sound I assume?) ..."

Yes, intentionally. English in not my native language so I prefer to record without voice ;)

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad that you like my setup.
ASAP I'm going to make a little update in order to make it work also with Moi V4 and not only on V3 as is actually.

Have a nice day.

Ciao!
2 Mar 2018   [#43] In reply to [#41]
Hello Rudl.

You're welcome! No problem. It's fine that now all works for you (I assume...)

Remember that for any update or help, you can always take a look at the very first post of this thread.

There you can always find all the things you need to use my setup.

If any of you notice some kind of mistake please let me know and ASAP I will update the first post.

Ciao!
2 Mar 2018   [#44]
And... something other, not closely related to the thread's main theme but it has to be asked (it is a problem I have met before seeing the thread here in fact): The 'scale array plugin' is not working. Whenever I click the related (linked to it) key, there opens the plugin's settings window but it is flickering and not staying there when leaving the key. Of course it is not possible to work with it in such a way. What may be going on? Any idea?
2 Mar 2018   [#45] In reply to [#44]
Hi Dimitri.

Strange thing..it's the very first time I read about this problem.

Please, post some screenshot and/or even better a video screen capture.

Also tell me your config.

I remind you that this special configuration of Moi is only for V3 and was tested ONLY on Windows 10 Pro.

Ciao!
2 Mar 2018   [#46]
Marco the problem does not permit taking a screenshot, because as I said before the dialogue window appears only as far as I keep pressed the related key in the keyboard (say 'J' in this case). And even then (when keeping pressed the key) the dialogue box flickers. It happens only with the 'scale array'. It is strange indeed. I am using the present, v.3, of Moi (in Windows Seven). Most probably it is a problem that this particular plugin has. Did you check it in the v.3? Is it working there?
2 Mar 2018   [#47] In reply to [#46]
Hi Dimitri.

@You : "...Most probably it is a problem that this particular plugin has. Did you check it in the v.3? Is it working there?..."

I'm sorry Dimitri that you're having this strange issue but as I have said before I never heard about that, and I don't think that is related to this special config of Moi because I've exactly this config and I have no problem at all with the Max's "ScaleArray" plugin.

But you have written that you have Windows 7...
As I said in the previous post and in the very first post of this thread, this special config of Moi V3 was tested only on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, because I have and use only that OS.

Anyway if your problem is related to the "SacleArray" you should ask to Max, the author of that plugin, using the forum thread named "ping - Max Smirnov".

I'm sorry but I can't help you in other ways :)

Ciao.
2 Mar 2018   [#48]
Ok Marco, I will ask to Max. Thanks a lot for your so dedicated answers! : - )
2 Mar 2018   [#49] In reply to [#44]
Hi Dimitri, re: ScaleArray, what you describe will happen if you have not prepared the input that ScaleArray expects which is that a point object should be included in the selected objects to be used as the origin point for the scale.

More info here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7008.1

- Michael
5 Mar 2018   [#50]
Now it is ok! Thanks for the quick reply Michael! : - )
7 Mar 2018   [#51] In reply to [#2]
Hi Marco,

I tried installing your setup but there's something wrong.

When I open MoI I get this error message:

http://prntscr.com/io1oh2

After I hit OK it opens like this, the standard MoI setup:

http://prntscr.com/io1ox1

I was hoping you could help me out.

Thanks,

pine
7 Mar 2018   [#52] In reply to [#51]
Hello PINE_X2.

I'm sorry that things don't work for you, but it's the first time I read about this error.

Let me ask you something :

1) Did you follow exactly ALL the steps that I've written in the very first post of this thread ?
2) This special config of Moi in dedicated ONLY to Moi V3 not for V2 or V4
3) This special config were tested only on Windows 10 Pro. I don't know how it works, if it works, with different OS

Anyway, it seems that the problem is with this javascript line code var customuidir = moi.filesystem.getUIDir()+"\\customui"
but I don't know why this instruction shouldn't work.

I never had this problem before.

@You : "...After I hit OK it opens like this, the standard MoI setup:.."

What you see is NOT the standard Moi setup.
Is just "my" special config. You're missing only the icons relative to Max's Custom UI, related to the error you're getting.

Ciao :)
7 Mar 2018   [#53] In reply to [#52]
Thanks for the quick reply, Marco.

1) Yes, I'm 99% sure I followed all the instructions correctly.

2) I'm using V3.

3) Windows Pro 10 here.

Yep, I realized that after posting. Either way, I'm getting several other errors when doing simple things like extruding a curve so I went back to the standard version.
7 Mar 2018   [#54] In reply to [#53]
Hi PINE_X2.

@You : "...Yep, I realized that after posting. Either way, I'm getting several other errors when doing simple things like extruding a curve so I went back to the standard version..."

Hmm..this sound a little strange...

I have the same config you have, Moi V3 Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.
If you copied all the stuff where it must be copied I really can't figure out what's going on...

Can you post some screenshot about the errors you are getting ?
In this way I can understand where's the issue.

It's very strange...

Last question...

Do you have Moi localized in "English" or in some other language ?

Thanks.
31 May 2018   [#55]
Hello everyone.
I'm sorry if I use this place to reply a PM but, from what I remember, some times ago I disabled PM in my account options, but evidently I must have done some mistake.

Anyway...no problem. I'll check my options again to see if PM are actually disabled.

Meanwhile, I want to reply here to this PM.
Clearly, in fairness, I don't write here the name of the sender.

This was the original text :
"I've seen on some of your screen shots your command history window and I've looked over your scripts. A question for you, how has this helped you use MoI? Has helped you retracing steps when you've had to rebuild something or something else?

Not being parametric (and I'm ok with that) the biggest cycle stealer is when I have to change something and basically rebuild it."

Ok.
Well...I decided to build on my own, the little script/ui plugin dedicated to the Command History, mainly for one reason : speed of execution.
What I love most about Moi is its streamlined workflow, but for me it was still not enough :)
I wanted more.
I wanted an additional tool, that along with the wonderful short-cut keys embedded system, could give me also a visual help when it comes to launch scripts/commands.

For that reason I created my little plugin for Command History. Just in order to model at maximum speed!

I hope I have covered your question :)

Ciao!

Thanks
4 Jun 2018   [#56] In reply to [#2]
Wow! That's an amazing accomplishment Marco! Thanks for sharing your hard work and ideas!
5 Jun 2018   [#57] In reply to [#56]
You're welcome! My pleasure :)
5 Jun 2018   [#58] In reply to [#4]
So true Marco
5 Jun 2018   [#59] In reply to [#58]
:)

Yes!
5 Jun 2018   [#60] In reply to [#59]
Hi Marco!

It is a particularly fine move of yours to make your work available to everyone. Unfortunately I hadn't found time yet, but I'm already looking forward when it's finally time for me to make the changes. Thank you in advance.

Franz

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61