MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Marco (mkdm)'s very personal Moi V3 - A gift for all moiers :)

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61

Message 8848.1 was deleted

26 Feb 2018   [#2]
(message renewed Mar 01 2018)

Hello to all moiers!

After examining my actual situation :) I have realized that I could never find a decent amount of free time to prepare a serious configurable "package" for
a whole customization of MoiV3 based on my current version of V3.

So I decide to do all the best that I can do now, to give to anyone's interested the chance to have MoiV3 like the one I have, with all the customization I've done during the last three years and containing almost ALL the plugins/commands/scripts written by the community (and by me) during these years.
I think that actually I should have almost all the most recent version of the scripts/commands with some rare exception.

I decided to not include into this package the Max's NodeEditor because I'm pretty sure that each of us has a very different version of N.E. :)

PRELIMINARY REMARKS :

- THIS SPECIAL CONFIG IF RELATED EXCLUSIVELY TO MOI V3, SO DON'T USE IT WITH VERSION 4.
I hope that soon I will publish a specific version for Moi V4.

- THIS SPECIAL CONFIG HAS BEEN TESTED ONLY ON WINDOWS 10 PRO, SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS ALSO ON OTHER WINDOWS VERSIONS OR ON MAC OS.
I'm a Windows 10 Pro user so if you want to try this config with different OS and something goes wrong, I can't help you :)

- IF YOU WANT TO TRY MY VERSION OF MOI WITHOUT ANY ISSUE OR "BAD SURPRISE" PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF YOUR ACTUAL VERSION OF MOI V3 FOLDER BEFORE PROCEEDING.

And now...cut to the chase and let's start :)

- This is a quick demonstrative video : http://take.ms/zl4d5

- This is the PDF manual : http://take.ms/0STQA

- This is the quick look of the customized Moi :

AND THESE ARE THE STEPS TO FOLLOW IN ORDER TO USE THIS SPECIAL CONFIG OF MOI V3:

1) Download this zip file : http://take.ms/kjJGv
As soon as you unzip it you will get these four folders :
"commands", "repository2dworkflow", "scripts", "ui"

2) Copy that folders into the root of your current MoiV3 installation folder.
You will be prompted to "overwrite" all files. Reply "Yes"

3) After copied all the stuff into the Moi’s folder, in order to have the correct display of the new config, you have to set a specific Moi option.

The most important and unique option to set is :
"Scene Browser Position" : Inside

All other options are left to you.
If you have a display with very high resolution you can play with the setting "UI Size"

Here I show you all my main settings.

4) If you want to use all my shortcuts then download this file : http://take.ms/Lxk5b
As soon as you unzip it, you will get this file : "mkdm_shortcuts.ini"
It contains the "[Shortcut Keys]" section to be placed into your Moi.ini file.

NB: Remember that on Windows, Moi V4 uses the same shortcuts as Moi V3, from the same entry in the same moi.ini file so that's normal that they will be the same.

You can even decide not to use all my shortcuts but in this case you will find that the new UI will show you the wrong labels.
Anyway you can always change the information displayed by the new UI. ASAP I will show you how to do it

But, even if you don't want to use all my shortcuts, because the new commandbar has no special buttons, in order to be able to open all the panels/menus and dialogs of this special config, you MUST include at least these shortcuts into your moi.ini files :
Clearly you can use different keys if you don't like mine :)

A=script: var cb = moi.ui.getUIPanel('moi://ui/CommandBar.htm'); moi.ui.showMenu('AllStdMoiCommandsPanel1.htm', cb.document.getElementById('CoordinateControls'), 4, 0);
Z=script: var cb = moi.ui.getUIPanel('moi://ui/CommandBar.htm'); moi.ui.showMenu('AllStdMoiCommandsPanel2.htm', cb.document.getElementById('CoordinateControls'), 4, 0);
Shift+Z=script: var cb = moi.ui.getUIPanel('moi://ui/CommandBar.htm'); moi.ui.showMenu('ShortcutReminder.htm', cb.document.getElementById('ObjectSnapMenuButton'), 4, 0);
Shift+S=script: moi.ui.createDialog('treeDialogs/SpecialScripts.htm', '', moi.ui.mainWindow);
F2=script: moi.ui.createDialog('commandFiderSearchMenu.htm', '', moi.ui.mainWindow);
F3=script: var cb = moi.ui.getUIPanel('moi://ui/CommandBar.htm'); moi.ui.showMenu('ScriptsGallery.htm', cb.document.getElementById('ObjectSnapMenuButton'), 4, 0);

5) If you want to use all my Lighting options then download and unzip this file : http://take.ms/hepuq
Then open the unzipped file and can copy its content into "[Commands]" section of your moi.ini file

That's all!

I hope that all will work fine for you and you will find this special version of Moi V3 useful and fun :)

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
26 Feb 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thanks for sharing it Marco!

- Michael
27 Feb 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
You're welcome Michael!

It's always a pleasure for me when I can share some of the fun and the knowledge I've gained over the years using this amazing piece of software that IMHO has earned the right to be placed permanently at the top ranking of the whole computer software history.

I'm serious about this point.

We'll catch up.

Ciao!
27 Feb 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hello Marco!

Thank you for your generosity. I don't take it for granted that everyone can benefit from your work.
MoI is a great thing in itself, but even more valuable through many members of this forum.

molti ringraziamenti ancora, viva Italia e marco! (deepl translator)

Franz
27 Feb 2018   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Ciao Franz!

Thank you very much for your kind words :)

@You : "...I don't take it for granted that everyone can benefit from your work..."

Oh..no problem at all for me ;)

I never thought that my very personal config would be really useful for anyone but me...

But maybe my configuration contains in itself some peculiarity that someone could find interesting or some specific tools that someone could take as a ground-level idea.

Furthermore...I forgot to mention in my first post...but clearly please consider all the material I posted to be TOTALLY at your disposal.

It was a gift to any moiers.

Anyone can take it, modify and improve it in any way :)

Only, if someone want to re-post the same material with some improvements or change is sufficient to write into the comments of the source file that the particular modification is not made by me.
This, only in order to keep things organized and clear for the readers of the source code.

I don't know where are you from...I try to guess from your name...maybe "Germany" ?

If this is the case (with the automatic translator) :

English : Long live the Germany!
German : Lang lebe die Deutschland!

:)

Ciao.
27 Feb 2018   [#7]
Hallo Marco,

I tried to use your personal MOI, but the UI after copying everything in MOI´s installation folder don´t look good.

Image Attachments:
1.jpg 

Message 8848.8 was deleted

27 Feb 2018   [#9] In reply to [#7]
Hi Rudl.

Hmmm...strange thing, I think it should be something related to "UI Size" setup and the position of the "Scene browser" and the "Side Pame"

Try this setup for you Moi V3 and let me know.

Marco (mkdm)
27 Feb 2018   [#10] In reply to [#2]
Thanks Marco, awesome :)

*Michael for Nobel Prize*
27 Feb 2018   [#11]
I don´t have the possibiity to come in the option window
27 Feb 2018   [#12] In reply to [#7]
Yes Rudl!

I can confirm the issue.

You need to set "Scene browser Position" to "Inside" and not "Adiacent".

This is my V3 with "Adiacent" :

And this is with "Inside", the right one :

Try and let me know.

Ciao!
27 Feb 2018   [#13] In reply to [#11]
I'm sorry :) ... I forgot to mention that in my config you have to hit : Alt+F1 to show the option window.

Try and let me know.
27 Feb 2018   [#14]
Thanks to Rudl I realized that I forgot to mention that to show the Moi's option windows with my config you need to hit Alt+F1 shortcut.

A couple of minutes and I'm going to update the PDF manual.

Thanks.
27 Feb 2018   [#15]
Will try it tomorrow again. Greetings to Italy.
27 Feb 2018   [#16] In reply to [#15]
I'm sure that with the settings I told you you will have no problem :)

Remember that to show the Moi's Option window there's the shortcut "Alt + F1".

Anyway now you will see also a new post with the PDF manual updated.

Thanks for telling me your issue and thanks for the kind words.
27 Feb 2018   [#17] In reply to [#15]
Hello everyone!

Thanks to the post of Rudl I've updated the original post of this thread.
Please refer always to that post to find all you need to use my config.

You can read it always at : http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8848.2

Anyway this time I repeat also here the updated section :

You can download the updated PDF manual at : http://take.ms/tpN7P

After copied all the stuff into the Moi’s folder, in order to have the correct display of the new config you have to use this setup.
Because now the "option" button is not more present in the UI, in order to open the Moi’s Option window you have to use this shortcut : Alt + F1

The most important and unique option to set is :
"Scene Browser Position" : Inside

All other options are left to you.
Here I show you my other settings.

If you have a display with very high resolution you can play with the setting "UI Size"

Ciao!
27 Feb 2018   [#18]
P.s....

I love shortcut and keeping display clean but...
For people who don't like to have the "Save, Undo, Redo, Delete, Option and Help" buttons hidden here's an alternate version of the "CommandBar.htm" file to use with my config.

You can download at : http://take.ms/wQbNC

Copy the file into the Moi's "ui" folder (overwrite = YES)

Marco (mkdm)
27 Feb 2018   [#19] In reply to [#10]
You're welcome Stardust.

See you.
28 Feb 2018   [#20]
Dear Marco,

Alt + F1 didn´t function. Coud it be I made something other wrong?

Rudl

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61