MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Move / Scale / Bounding Box Center

20 Feb 2018   [#1]
Hi,

I very often have to move lots of objects and snap their bounding box Centers onto other points.

It would increase the speed of work if I had not always to click on "bounding Box Center" in the opening menu.

A nice helper would be to see the ""Bounding Box Center" function activated just by > pressing "enter" after
"Move" or "scale":

> Move > Enter

or as additional command to be triggered by a keystroke.

Is sth like this already implemented or possible to so so ?

Thanks TOM
20 Feb 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Select your Object(s)

Press Tab and write BoundingBoxCenter (or make a ShortCut)

Call the Move function and use the BoundingPoint drawn as Start Move :)

etc...

At the end you must erase Point(s) if no need more...

It's a pity because BoundingBoxCenter / Center appears when you Fly over Click on the Angle(s) of the Edit Frame Box
but you can't use it as Help Lines Or Point help ! (it's disapears as soon as you move the mouse from the angle! )
20 Feb 2018   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Tom, one thing you can do currently in v4 is to set up a shortcut that will trigger the Bounding box center button automatically.

To do this put in boundingboxcenter as a command line parameter to the Move or Scale commands like this:

move boundingboxcenter

scale boundingboxcenter

- Michael
20 Feb 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
More tricky second level than my basic try! :)
21 Feb 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thank you both Pilou and Michael !
1 Apr 2020   [#6] In reply to [#3]
Hi Michael, is it possible to extend this command? I would like to use one shortcut instead of two. For example, If I click a hotkey it will trigger the bounding box center, the next click will make it a normal move/scale/ command. So you can choose between these commands while using only one shortcut.
1 Apr 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi surferdude,

re:
> For example, If I click a hotkey it will trigger the bounding box center, the next click will make it a
> normal move/scale/ command. So you can choose between these commands while using only one shortcut.

Yes, in v4 it's possible to set up a shortcut key that will do that. Here is what you would put for the command part of the shortcut keys:

script: /* Scale, switch between center and regular */ var didcenter = false; try { didcenter = moi.command.getOption( 'scale_center' ); } catch(e){} if ( didcenter ) { moi.command.execCommand( 'Scale' ); } else { moi.command.execCommand( 'Scale BoundingBoxCenter' ); } moi.command.setOption( 'scale_center', !didcenter );

script: /* Move, switch between center and regular */ var didcenter = false; try { didcenter = moi.command.getOption( 'move_center' ); } catch(e){} if ( didcenter ) { moi.command.execCommand( 'Move' ); } else { moi.command.execCommand( 'Move BoundingBoxCenter' ); } moi.command.setOption( 'move_center', !didcenter );

- Michael
1 Apr 2020   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Amazing!

Thank you a lot! It will make my work way easier!

Patiently waiting for the final release of v4!
3 Apr 2020   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Nice!