MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: how to set up the object library

Show messages:  1-13  14-23

18 Feb 2018   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi Michael,

I'm on windows and it worked with the 'Run as admin'.

Whats does that mean? and how do i enable this permanently?

Thanks,
Subroto
18 Feb 2018   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Hi Subroto - there's a security measure in newer versions of Windows that prevents programs that are run at the regular privilege level from modifying the contents of the Program Files directory. That's what was preventing your object writing from working.

When you choose "Run as Administrator", that runs the program at a higher privilege level and then it's allowed to modify things in Program Files.

You can enable it permanently by right-clicking on that shortcut and choosing "Properties". Then on that properties dialog go to the Compatibility tab and near the bottom there's a "Privilege Level" section with a checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator". If you set that then it will run like that by default.

I think Max has an updated version of CustomUI for version 4 which moves these things over into the AppData folder which does not require elevated privileges.

- Michael
18 Feb 2018   [#16]
Hi all.

If you go to [MoI installation folder]\ui\customui\mods and edit ObjLibrary.cfg you'll be able to type in new path.

Format:

[NAME that will appear in the UI for that library][COMMA or SEMICOLON][PATH in quotes]

Example from my ObjLibrary.cfg:

Object Library;"D:\OneDrive\nurbs\objlib"

Also you can have multiple object libraries. And they will be separated by line in UI. I believe for new entry you also need to separate it with comma or semicolon.
All above is true for MoI v3.

And yes, you have to edit ObjLibrary.cfg with administrator privileges. So in win search you type 'notepad' (or any other text-editor of your choice). Click on it with right mouse button. Choose 'Run as Administrator'. Then in notepad you open ObjLibrary.cfg, edit it and save it.
19 Feb 2018   [#17]
Thanks to both of you.
I'm currently runnin as admin, and its working fine.

I will try what Anton suggested too.
20 Oct 2018   [#18]
Hello guys anyone please can help when I try to add object from my object library the pivot point for the object in difrint place not in the object center anyone have idea why? Thank you in advance

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 6.45.32 PM.png 

20 Oct 2018   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Load object, set a cplane, and re-save?
20 Oct 2018   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Thank you bemfarmer.
27 Feb 2021   [#21] In reply to [#10]
Hi MOI users, I am having the same problem where the object folder won't let me add anything to it. I had a bit of a struggle just getting the Custom UI to work. So I am trying to figure out what I did wrong. In reading this post on. How to set up the object library. Sure sounds like I un-zipped the file one layer to deep. Wonder if anyone could explain what I should do. I read this post over and over. But just wanted to see if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Thank you for any tips.
27 Feb 2021   [#22] In reply to [#21]
Hi Specktech, can you show a screenshot of the directory structure that you've set up?

Also what operating system are you running on?

- Michael
27 Feb 2021   [#23] In reply to [#21]
Try running MoI as Admin.

Show messages:  1-13  14-23