MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: OT - Is anyone familar with LaunchForth.io and their offer with free version of Siemens Solid Edge ST10?

13 Feb 2018   [#1]
Hi all,

i just saw yesterday a posting in an italian Designer Forum on Facebook that LaunchForth.io has teamed up with Siemens and that they offer SolidEdge ST10 for Community members for free.

Anyone of you guys or girls tried this out and if so is it a fully functional version which allows data exchange with MoI?

And are there any strings attached?

I am asking because i never heard of this community service before.

https://launchforth.io/tools/siemens-solid-edge/

https://launchforth.io/

Regards
Stefan
13 Feb 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
<< Share Launch Forth with a friend to unlock your free copy of Siemens SolidEdge: Launch Forth Community Edition

Don't know how make that ! :)

<< Do my friends need to do anything for me to get this free software?
<< No, they do not.

<< Is this a full version of SolidEdge?
<< Yes! However, CAD files created in this edition cannot be opened in commercial versions of Solid Edge. Additionally, 2D renderings are watermarked. Siemens PLM
<< Software offers an online subscription for commercial projects if needed.
13 Feb 2018   [#3]
Hi Pilou,

i have read that too, however what i like to know can i exchange data with MoI and do i have (as a must) for example colaborate with people in teams to work on projects or can i simply join, download and work on my own and possibly showcase/share my own work there...

Regards
Stefan
13 Feb 2018   [#4]
Seems installation of Solid Edge ST 10 is blocked during installation of KeyShot W64 (?) ...

File install is something like 2.4 gigas! :)

And now this reccurent problem...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_windows8-mso_2013_release/microsoft-office-wont-install-another-installation/1fd63096-1c33-4028-9a82-c414c5cb92f9

So Solid Edge ST 10 will be not for me! :)
13 Feb 2018   [#5]
Hi Pilou,

i don't understand your link... does Microsoft Software blocks somehow the installation of SolidEdge, or what do you mean?

Regards
Stefan
13 Feb 2018   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Not specially Solid edge!
It's a recurrent problem of Windows 10 when you stop the Install for any reasons
(here my case install of KeySHot (?) during the general Install of Solid Edge blocks more 15 minutes so I quite the Install)
you have this very ennuyous problem!
13 Feb 2018   [#7]
Thanks Pilou,

about KeyShot, i googled for it and it seems that KeyShot is integrated with SolidEdge...awesome. :-)

Regards
Stefan
13 Feb 2018   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Yes Keyshot 6 but you must input for validate it!

It's a pity that after the install of it rest of Solid Edge don't arrive! :( (for me) :)
13 Feb 2018   [#9]
Hi Pilou,

just installed it too but KeyShot does not need any input from me.

SolidEdge has also all the Importers/Exporters so that one can exchange
data with MoI.

The Software is for non-commercial usage only.

Regards
Stefan
13 Feb 2018   [#10] In reply to [#9]
During my install the green advanced bar stay at the middle to the Keyshot prog and nothing more...
So KeyShot itself was installed...so I launched it : few days free and some different licences proposed...
and alas SolidEedge never came!! maybe i have not enough resource! (only 8 gigas hard memory) (no succes for see technical needing so...)

In any case now it's too late due the krosoft problem!
Waiting the version 11 :)

(I have Simlab composer who is sufficient for me ( a Keyshot like))
13 Feb 2018   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Salut,
Pour résoudre votre problème lors de l'installation de SolidEdge; ctrl+alt+sup et voir le gestionnaire de processus.
Cliquez sur keyhot.exe et arrêtez le processus.
Après cette action, SolidEdge s'exécute sans interruption.
Pour mon travail, j'utilise Inventor, Ansys Discovery SpaceClaim qui contient Keyshot et SolidEdge Pro. J' ai eu le même problème durant l'installation avec keyshot et c'est la solution qui a marché pour moi.
Je pense que keyshot de solidedge a voulu mangé keyshot pour ansys.

Hi,
To solve your problem when installing SolidEdge; ctrl+alt+sup and see the process manager.
Click keyhot. exe and stop the process.
After this action, SolidEdge runs continuously.
For my work, I use Inventor, Ansys Discovery SpaceClaim which contains Keyshot and SolidEdge Pro. I had the same problem during installation with keyshot and it was the solution that worked for me.
I think solidedge keyshot wanted to eat keyshot for ansys.
13 Feb 2018   [#12] In reply to [#11]
I will try that tomorrow :)
But I am very septic! Seems very too easy! :)
13 Feb 2018   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Frenchy, I hope you are not septic, or get medical attention immediately. :)
14 Feb 2018   [#14]
All was like I thinking! Too wonderful for be true! So unsuccessful in beauty! :)

I am not lucky for this one!

if that can help another unlucky guys and girls! :)
https://windowsreport.com/another-installation-already-progress-error-windows-10/