MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Feb-9-2018 available now

Show messages:  1-20  …  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-163

20 Mar 2018   [#121] In reply to [#120]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the explanation.
I was about to write that after trying again on the original test I also got the problem...

Michel
20 Mar 2018   [#122]
Hi Michael,

thanks for the explanation and it does make a lot of sense why it was so difficult to reproduce.
Its note a huge issue for me and i'll definitely keep using the V4 beta as my primary version of Moi3d.

Dinos
27 Mar 2018   [#123]
Just bumping this because I wasn't able to locate it in the thread: Will there be another beta round for 4.0 or is there a scheduled release date now?
27 Mar 2018   [#124] In reply to [#123]
Hi J, there will be a few more v4 beta releases yet, there isn't a scheduled final date right now.

- Michael
28 Mar 2018   [#125] In reply to [#124]
Hi Michael,

In version 3 , the MacBook pro trackpad behaviour for "pinching" and "two finger sliding" is the same. It zooms in/out.
Same also under Windows version 4 beta.

In version Mac 4 beta , by default, the trackpad zooms in/out when "pinching" and pans with "two fingers sliding" but whenever the Mvt, Rotation or Center View control is used, the pan with "two fingers sliding" behaviour changes back to Zoom in/out behaviour and it's not possible to go back to "two fingers panning".

Hope it's not a too obscure description of the problem,

Michel
28 Mar 2018   [#126] In reply to [#125]
Hi Michel, it sounds like a bug that I do have fixed for the next upcoming beta - the bug is triggered on Mac if you do a 2-finger drag but start the initial gesture with one finger in a different window than the viewport (the view controls panel is actually a separate window), then drag over and add the second finger inside the viewport without ever having lifted up the first finger.

If it is the same bug then it should be fixed in the next beta release, please let me know if it isn't. I'll be trying to wrap up the next beta in the next week or so.

- Michael
28 Mar 2018   [#127] In reply to [#126]
Hi Michael,
Yes. It seems to be that bug.
I'll check for it in the next beta.
Thanks for the answer,

Michel
30 Mar 2018   [#128]
Hi, Michael. It's me again and MoI error.

This time the problem of the cursor and the text field.
http://moi3d.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=MOI&hash=89b5fd0f63cfca99b625903a58d1896f&filename=cursor.mp4

Vladimir.
30 Mar 2018   [#129] In reply to [#128]
Hi Vladimir, thanks for reporting this and showing it. I can't seem to get it to happen over here but I will keep trying.

Does it happen only to that particular text field or have you seen it happen with other ones too?

- Michael
31 Mar 2018   [#130] In reply to [#129]
About all I can't say, but where I watched there it was.
This is well seen where one input field.
Perhaps a shift in focus of the cursor relative to the input fields?

If possible, I would like to know what program you use to create a video from the screen?

Vladimir.
31 Mar 2018   [#131] In reply to [#130]
Hi Vladimir, I use Camtasia by TechSmith for doing screen captures.

- Michael
31 Mar 2018   [#132] In reply to [#130]
For little part of screen (for not big files result to send on the Net) you have little free true gem!

GifCAM

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/
31 Mar 2018   [#133] In reply to [#128]
The reluctance of the little popup window to appear also occurs on my Windows7, with wireless logitech mouse. Nice keyboard mouse combo, MK735, from Costco.
(Same reluctance with USB wired mouse.)
- Brian
31 Mar 2018   [#134] In reply to [#133]
Hi Brian,

> The reluctance of the little popup window to appear also occurs on my Windows7, with
> wireless logitech mouse. Nice keyboard mouse combo, MK735, from Costco.
> (Same reluctance with USB wired mouse.)

Sounds like this might be a different bug? The problem that Vladimir is showing in that video is that the mouse cursor isn't changing to the "text field" I-beam shape.

Could you please give a little more description of what you're seeing?

Is the "little popup window" you're talking about the "Edit size" one that normally shows up when you click on the size line in the properties panel?

Thanks,
- Michael
31 Mar 2018   [#135] In reply to [#134]
Hi Michael,

In MoI4FebBeta: Select a line. In the upper right of the screen, left or right click on the Length field, (not on cm). The Edit box appears. So far everything is OK.

Right clicking in the Edit box only occasionally brings up the box with (cut/copy/paste/delete/select all) (Which I guess are Windows7 commands.)

(Similar result for circle or ellipse Edit box.)

In MoI3 Right clicking in the Edit box brings up the cut/copy/... box right away.

- Brian

(I do get the I-beam shape OK.)
31 Mar 2018   [#136] In reply to [#135]
Hi Brian, yup I can reproduce yours over here - thanks for the additional details! I will investigate it.

I can also get part of what Vladimir showed which is the Cut/Copy/Paste context menu shows even when clicking slightly outside the edit field.

- Michael
31 Mar 2018   [#137] In reply to [#131]
Hi, Michael.
> I use Camtasia by TechSmith for doing screen captures
Thanks.

I meant the appearance of the context menu when clicking right mouse button, but in the study delineated the problem of the change of kosora. This problem is not stable and is rare. All this is not critical and you can work.

Michael I have a request for you. A small lesson or a link to such a lesson as insert video GIF animation with start / stop buttons. I do not insist, and sorry to distract from the Affairs of this request.

Vladimir.
31 Mar 2018   [#138] In reply to [#137]
Hi Vladimir, thanks for the additional information. I will investigate that, it appears that particular kind of text field is having mouse coordinates offset when in a flyout menu.

re:
> Michael I have a request for you. A small lesson or a link to such a lesson
> as insert video GIF animation with start / stop buttons.

Usually the way I do it with Camtasia is after the video is uploaded, it displays a dialog that contains some "embed code" which is some HTML you can paste into your message here and then the player controls will show up.

I don't think there is any automatic way to make a web browser show start/stop controls for an animated .gif . There may be for a .mp4 video file though.

- Michael
8 Apr 2018   [#139]
i have a problem, which has kind of stopped me from using moi on my Macbook pro, which I thought would be because of the low performance. yesterday I bought my new iMac pro but
iam having the same problems still. whenever I navigate in my scene, the video performance is very choppy, which makes it hard for me to concentrate on modeling. my old z820 with windows 10 doesn't show that problem at all...

https://youtu.be/wrELYeBlO-8

cheers from cologne

torsten
8 Apr 2018   [#140] In reply to [#139]
Hi torsten, do you mean a kind of "tearing" effect? I'll see about putting in an option to limit the display to the display refresh and see if that helps.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  …  61-80  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-163