MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Curve Management

21 Dec 2017   [#1]
No I'm not talking about loosing weight but rather about dealing with all the curves on my workspace. I find when I'm modeling (especially when doing a lot of lofts) I have curves here and there and can sometimes loose track of what goes with what or they simply get in the way. I'm curious what others do. Color coding? Naming conventions? Physically moving them to a corner? Off to another file?

Please share.

Thanks
21 Dec 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hello Scott,

I put them together to a style. Curves to a curves style surfaces to another. Then you can hide/show them with a click in the browser. Other useful is to hide/show special geometry is a script you can find here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#HideSwap . You can switch here from all shown geometry to all hidden and vice versa. With the normal hide button you can bring special geometry to the other side.

Helpful to integrate the small script in the SidePane.html:

moi:CommandButton icon="icons/HideIcon.png" onclick="var gd = moi.geometryDatabase; if ( event.ctrlKey ) { gd.showSubset(); } else if ( event.button == 2 ) { gd.isolate(); } else { gd.hide(); }"><moi:Text textid="Hide"></moi:CommandButton>

<moi:CommandButton icon="icons/HideSwap.png" command="HideSwap"><moi:Text textid="HideSwap"></moi:CommandButton>

Have a nice day
Karsten

Attachments:
HideSwap.js

Image Attachments:
HideSwap.png