MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Nov-13-2017 available now

Show messages:  1-20  …  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-231

19 Nov 2017   [#221]
A new Nov-18 beta with some bug fixes is now available. I started a new thread for it here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8682.1

Hopefully should fix the frozen UI when restoring a maximized window.

- Michael
6 Jun 2018   [#222] In reply to [#221]
Hi Michael
I wasn't keeping up with the times but happy to see new V4 Moi !!! I will start some new drawings with it today. So far older files open and work great. One thing I have always wanted to be able to have is Construct and Transform tabs available simultaneously. Is this easy to do ?

Thanks !! Karl
6 Jun 2018   [#223] In reply to [#222]
Hi Karl, I'm also hoping to release a new beta today hopefully.

re: Construct / Transform tabs, try installing Max's MiniSidepane.js script from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.8

You can make that script run at MoI startup by putting it in the MoI appdata startup folder. On Windows this is located at %appdata%\moi\startup .

That script will rearrange the side pane like you're asking.

- Michael
8 Jun 2018   [#224] In reply to [#223]
I tried putting the MiniSidepane script in the startup folder and it did not change the sidepane.

I then tried putting it in the commands/ folder and pointing a shortcut key at it. Still nothing.

My friend the computer geek then changed "=== 19454" to "!= 19454" and commented out
a couple of ".remove();" lines, and it worked. Mr. Geek thinks the script might need to be
updated for a different version.

(Written by Mr. Geek ...)
8 Jun 2018   [#225] In reply to [#224]
Hi Karl, yes for now that if statement in MiniSidepane.js may need to be removed for it to work. Max added that to try and make the script bail out if the side pane structure is different from what it was expecting so it would not accidentally scramble up the UI when there are changes to it.

But there have not been any changes to the side pane in this new release, I think the problem is something like the 19454 length figure currently used as a type of "signature" might vary depending on the current language that's set. Until a better signature method is set up you may just have to remove that if statement in the 2nd line for it to work, you can put a // at the start of it to turn it into a comment line instead of deleting it.

Maybe I'll put a version number embedded in it somewhere so the script could look at that instead.

- Michael
9 Jun 2018   [#226] In reply to [#225]
Hi Michael
Ya, I am not code literate enough to figure out that problem, but was able to follow along and understand my friend as he found what was needed to make the sidepane alteration script work. This script still leaves the heading joined and all the function icons in one group. It would be nice to have groups seperated with separate title blocks, but both open at the same time. IMHO I would like to be able to customize the sidepane layout in this way from the Options window ?
I'm sure you are busy with totally different subject matters so sorry for the distraction !!

Thanks a lot !! Aloha, Karl
9 Jun 2018   [#227] In reply to [#226]
Hi Karl,

> IMHO I would like to be able to customize the sidepane layout in
> this way from the Options window ?

Yes, I've tried to figure out how to approach doing that. It would be pretty straightforward if the content there was never going to change. The difficult part is when new commands or entire tabs are introduced in the future, and trying to merge those changes in with a customized layout.

- Michael
9 Jun 2018   [#228] In reply to [#227]
Hi Michael
Got Ya,
I really like the simplicity of the Icon UI layout in Moi. It is not cluttered and makes finding the right function easy and less confusing like CADs that have side panels with 3 or 4 rows of icons , taking more time to search for where you want to go next. I guess I have a simple mind and it is also distracting to have that many icons staring at me all the time too. The motivation behind this suggestion is I am switching between Construct and Transform a lot and there is room to have both open in my UI setting.
Have a great weekend !! Karl
9 Jun 2018   [#229] In reply to [#228]
Thanks Karl, I'm glad you are liking the UI concept for MoI! I think tends to help a lot to have both icons and text displayed at the same time, it's more "browsable" than a big chunk of just icons alone.

One thing that might work in the future when more tabs are added, I think I can separate Construct and Transform at that time and put the new tabs alongside those instead of just adding new tabs to the bottom only as I had originally planned.

- Michael
12 Jun 2018   [#230] In reply to [#61]
That's an incredible model
12 Jun 2018   [#231]
Anyone having a problem with their mouse? Mine was acting very strange - had to close and reopen. Seems to be working now.

Show messages:  1-20  …  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-231