MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Nov-13-2017 available now

Show messages:  1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-231

17 Nov 2017   [#181] In reply to [#160]
Hi Finema, I got a Magic Mouse 2 over here now and I've been testing with it but can't seem to repeat the problem of it getting stuck and not allowing to pick the other corner point in commands like rect or box. I'll keep trying but please let me know if you get any idea of when it might happen like if you think it might be if you were panning or dragging a construction line right then as well or whatever.

Thanks, - Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#182] In reply to [#181]
Hi Michael,
It's randomly. Sometimes when i open moI V4, i can't draw shapes or solids.
it seems to be i haven't focus to draw, i haven't icon below the arrow for the Pick corner point.
note : when this happens, Grid snap and Object snap no longer works
Thanks
JP
18 Nov 2017   [#183] In reply to [#182]
in attachment , icon i could have when i take a tool to draw a shape or solid
18 Nov 2017   [#184] In reply to [#182]
Hi JP,

> It's randomly. Sometimes when i open moI V4, i can't draw shapes or solids.

Ok, this sounds a little different than what you were reporting before, when this happens you can't place even the first point in a draw command no matter how many times you try to run a drawing command? Are all commands like even File > Open also blocked or just drawing commands? In your original report it sounded like you could pick the first point but not the other corner point.

How often does it happen, like only once every hour, once every minute, ... ? Is it frequent enough that you're pretty sure it doesn't happen with your Magic Mouse 1 ?

Thanks, - Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#185] In reply to [#184]
Hi Michael,
Just drawing commands (panel pick corner, pick radius etc...) is freeze and empty but i can clic on other part. The drag is ineffective.
yes i can pick the first point (no icon circle with cross) but not the other corner point.
It happen after launching V4 (1 time on 5). This morning , i haven't this bug.
I'm not sure it's caused by Magic Mouse 2 but my test with magic mouse 1 was good. I'll retry.
it looks like a problem of focus or pick panel "initialization".
Thanks
18 Nov 2017   [#186] In reply to [#185]
Hi Finema, so just to make sure I completely understand when it happens it happens to all draw commands you try to run during that same program session, not just on random individual runs of a draw command? So about 1 out of 5 times you run MoI, no draw commands work during that whole program run is that correct? But it's always that the first point of the command can be placed but not any further points?

When it happens does the MoI window title bar look ghosted out or does it look normal with the 3 colored buttons on the left side showing with colors and not gray only?

One thing which might give me some information is on one of the bad runs, while you're in a draw command at the part where it's not working please go to Activity Monitor, highlight MoI in the program list and on the little gear menu at the top of the window choose "Sample process", then save the report that's generated and please e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com . There's a chance that may give me a clue.

Thanks, - Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#187] In reply to [#186]
Michael,
I think I've identified the problem. This happens all the times when I go to another application or on the finder and come back to MoI.
Looks like the application is out of focus.
If I click on the MoI icon in the dock bar, I find the focus on the application and the tool becomes operational again.
Is that clearer?
Thanks
18 Nov 2017   [#188] In reply to [#187]
Hi Finema, but when you were running into this problem with drawing a rectangle for example, you weren't switching to a different app and then back again right in the middle of the rectangle drawing were you?

To set focus back to MoI it should be sufficient to click anywhere in the window to give it focus.

- Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#189] In reply to [#188]
Michael
here a step by step :

Open MoI V4
Draw a rectangle for example (all is Ok, all the draw tools works)
Hide MoI (not quit)
Go the Finder or other apllications
Go back to MoI
Choose Rectangle tool or other draw tool
Clic to draw , drag have no effect
Result : no icon tool and panel stay empty (sse my screenshot)

Solution :
clic on Icon Moi V4 in the Apple Dock bar (click anywhere in the window don't work)
choose a draw tool

Bing ! i can draw again.
18 Nov 2017   [#190] In reply to [#189]
Hi Finema, it sounds like we're getting closer but I still can't quite replicate it. Can you please be very specific about how you're doing the "Hide MoI" and "Go back to MoI" steps? I tried hiding MoI by clicking on the yellow button in the title bar, and going back to it by clicking on its icon in the right-hand side of the dock where it shrunk down to and I can't replicate a problem.

- Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#191] In reply to [#190]
Michael

If i hide MoI by clicking on the yellow button in the title bar and return to MoI > draw tool works
but :

Hide MoI > command H or clic on other appli in the Dock
return to MoI > Dock bar > clic on MoI v4

draw tools don't works, i must clic again on MoI in the dock bar to give a focus

Thanks

ps : i sent you the report of Monitor activity
18 Nov 2017   [#192] In reply to [#191]
Hi Finema,

re:
> return to MoI > Dock bar > clic on MoI v4

I don't see any text "MoI v4" in the dock bar over here, do you mean left click on the lightbulb icon in the dock bar?

When you see the problem does it look like the title bar of the MoI window is grayed out, are the 3 buttons on the left-hand side of the title bar showing colors or are they only showing gray? Also does the menu at the very top of the screen have "MoI v4 beta" on it or is it the menu for some other app?

- Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#193] In reply to [#192]
"do you mean left click on the lightbulb icon in the dock bar?" > yes

"are the 3 buttons on the left-hand side of the title bar showing colors or are they only showing gray" no colors on 10.13.1 > always grey (i never see colored icons on 10.13 high sierra

"Also does the menu at the very top of the screen have "MoI v4 beta" on it or is it the menu for some other app?" > always MoI v4 beta
18 Nov 2017   [#194] In reply to [#193]
Hi JP, well that's pretty mysterious to me - over here I have tried using Cmd+H to hide it, then clicking on the dock icon to restore it and I can draw and click on things immediately after that. Tomorrow I'll try updating from 10.13.0 to 10.13.1 and see if that makes any difference.

Are you possibly running any utility or helper type programs that involve window handling?

- Michael
18 Nov 2017   [#195] In reply to [#194]
Micael
"Are you possibly running any utility or helper type programs that involve window handling?"
what do you mean ?
18 Nov 2017   [#196]
Hi Michael,
On Windows 7, with regular Logitech mouse, following JP's lead, there is a problem with using the Lightbulb icon in my taskbar.

Click lightbulb to open MoI v4, MoI works normally, draw a circle, square, etc.
Click lightbulb to "hide" v4.
Click lightbulb to "unhide" v4.
The dialog window in the upper righthand corner no longer functions. It is blank, or frozen depending upon state before hide/unhide.
Drawing tools do not work, unless I right click on the mouse.
Then a drawing tool can be clicked on, say circle, but menu expansion does not show, but the circle, can be drawn.
Unless a right click is done, another drawing tool cannot be selected, also if two drawing tools are selected, then right click is done,
the first one can be drawn.

There are some permutations. If a drawing tool was started before the hide/unhide occurs, it will work after unhide, but the dialog screen is frozen.

- Brian

Sometimes planar works, or not.
18 Nov 2017   [#197]
Using the __ button in the upper right hand window has similar effect to clicking lightbulb in taskbar.

Using the change window size button (the overlapping squares in upper right hand corner of window,)
(Sometimes) RESTORES functioning.

(Sorry I do not know the names of all of the buttons or regions.)

- Brian
18 Nov 2017   [#198] In reply to [#197]
Hi Brian,
yes it's exactly what it's happen for me.

Please try :

1•Click lightbulb to open MoI v4, MoI works normally, draw a circle, square, etc.
2•Click lightbulb to "hide" v4.
3•Click lightbulb to "unhide" v4.
The dialog window in the upper righthand corner no longer functions. It is blank, or frozen depending upon state before hide/unhide.

4•CLIC AGAIN ON LIGHTBULB and try to draw

thanks
18 Nov 2017   [#199] In reply to [#198]
One more clue:
If I start from a NON-maximized MoI window, there is no problem.
(as far as I have minimally tested.)
- B
18 Nov 2017   [#200] In reply to [#199]
Yes ! well done Brian

If i reduce the window there is no problem indeed.

Show messages:  1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-231