MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-17  18-37  38-57  58-77  78-97  98-117  118-137  138-157  …  358-372

8 Jun 2020   [#78]
@ Cemortan_Tudor
Have you somewhere a place where we can find all your new functions ?
8 Jun 2020   [#79]
selection 1, 2 ,3
red square should be as mirror, final result should be 2, 3 and right bottom corner of red square
could be written, i'm asking if smt like this was done before

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_16.png 

Message 8665.80 was deleted

8 Jun 2020   [#81] In reply to [#79]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, sorry the part I don't understand is if you want to make a mirror of an existing rectangle why not use the Transform > Mirror command (or Transform > Copy) to do it rather than rectangle 3 pts?

However if you do want to use a 3 point rectangle for that you can use Construction lines to do point mirroring. When you place a construction line the mirrored end is available as a snap point. Here's an example:

- Michael
8 Jun 2020   [#82]
Thats the desired action, result
i'm doing now in 2 ways. except manual
1. make a rectangle, mirror, adjust, union
2. make a rectangle with center, move, adjust points

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_17.png 

9 Jun 2020   [#83] In reply to [#82]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, I'm not sure if I understand correctly but if you want to make a rectangle with 3 points but with the first point being at the midpoint of the rectangle's edge you can do that now by placing one construction line at the start to get the snap points you need. When you create a construction line the mirrored point is available as a snap point to enable things like this:

- Michael
9 Jun 2020   [#84] In reply to [#83]
by u'r method, selection i've done to show proportions
they are not equal

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_18.png 

9 Jun 2020   [#85] In reply to [#84]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, I think you're maybe not targeting the point that you need?

If you start a construction line here:

And end it here:

Then you will have 4 "end" snap points available. Those 2 above where and an additional one here:

And another one here:

For what you want, you want to target these 2:

You do not want to target these 2:

There will also be a "Mid" snap available here, you don't want this one either for this particular use.

- Michael

Image Attachments:
cline_mirror1.jpg  cline_mirror2.jpg  cline_mirror3.jpg  cline_mirror4.jpg  cline_mirror5.jpg  cline_mirror6.jpg  cline_mirror7.jpg 

9 Jun 2020   [#86] In reply to [#84]
Another demo:

- Michael
9 Jun 2020   [#87]
thanks, my fault, it makes a point snap upon releasing construction lines, it's not interactive
i'll build a tool for myself

Message 8665.88 was deleted

9 Jun 2020   [#89]
move with hotkeys restrictions, similar to blender
move +x/y/z
wanna add one more future for softimage users )) middle click -> move with restrictions to closest bbox axis location

Attachments:
Move.js

9 Jun 2020   [#90]
It's not dangerous to name your function with the same native one ?
9 Jun 2020   [#91] In reply to [#90]
i'm replacing natives with new ones, u can read comments where and what i've changed
9 Jun 2020   [#92]
move with hotkeys restrictions, similar to blender
move +
x/y/z
s - bounding box
a - screenspace (targetFrame)

Attachments:
Move.js

9 Jun 2020   [#93] In reply to [#91]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, so just a heads up - when you replace the standard commands you can encounter 2 problems later on when installing new versions. The first problem is the new install won't have your mods in place so you'll need to reapply them. The second one is if the standard command has any other new functionality added you will lose that new functionality if you just copy over your entire modified file rather than merging your changes in to the new one.

So you can do that if you wish but it's not recommended and you will likely encounter some problems down the road.

What I often see happening with this type of customization is that it tends to bind you to one particular MoI version for a long time and then you're not able to get bug fixes and other new things with new program version updates.

- Michael
12 Jun 2020   [#94]
O hayo !
can u make a future that disables object selection while in wireframe mode (hidden brep's or faces)

Image Attachments:
13213.png 

12 Jun 2020   [#95] In reply to [#94]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor,

re:
> can u make a future that disables object selection while in wireframe mode (hidden brep's or faces)

You can prevent an object from being selected by turning on its "locked" property, the Edit > Lock command will do that, or in the scene browser use Ctrl+click on the left status area.

Also another way you can screen objects from being selected is by turning on a selection filter. That's done in the scene browser by a Ctrl+click on the selection dot area.

- Michael
12 Jun 2020   [#96] In reply to [#95]
Intuitively that should be turned on by default

Unfortunately if any 'esc' event will cancel filters
updated
Toggle shaded mode
script:/*!Toggle shaded mode */ var breps = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getBReps();var hide = true; for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) { var faces = breps.item(i).getFaces(); if ( i == 0 ) hide = !faces.item(0).hidden; faces.setProperty( 'hidden', hide ); } if (moi.selection.isFilterActive( 'Types', 'Edges')) moi.selection.clearSelectionFilters(); else {moi.selection.setFilter( 'Types', 'Edges', true); moi.selection.setFilter( 'Types', 'Points', true); moi.selection.setFilter( 'Types', 'Curves', true);}
15 Jun 2020   [#97]
i haven't thought that fillet can fail on curves
red - points selection to fillet -> if number is bigger then 1.66 fails to fillet, radius should allow that (no points nearby)

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_122.png 

Show messages:  1-17  18-37  38-57  58-77  78-97  98-117  118-137  138-157  …  358-372