MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-2  3-22  23-42  43-62  63-82  83-102  103-122  …  363-372

11 Feb 2018   [#43] In reply to [#42]
Hi Brian,

> With regular MoI settings, a couple of weeks ago, or so, when I was very very very zoomed in, I
> noticed a portion of some objects were not shown completely.

Yes, that's normal - it will happen in the 3D view if it has a perspective projection. You can avoid it by setting a parallel projection instead though.

It has to do with how video cards set up perspective transforms, they need a near clipping plane set some distance in front of the eye point and if you're zoomed in very closely you can get to where you see it.

There are also various other kind of strange things that can happen under extreme zoom that are just side effects from how floating point numbers work. The only way to avoid that would be to use some kind of specialized numeric handling rather than the floating point processing that's built into the CPU, it would incur some kind of tremendous speed penalty.

- Michael
11 Feb 2018   [#44] In reply to [#41]
Thanks a lot Michael!

I've set ProxyGenerationNumFaces to 10000 and the edges are always displayed now when I move objects.

Have a nice day.
26 Feb 2018   [#45]
Hi Michael
I was thinking about easy implementation of hotkeys
example of drawing circle
c+s = circle center or c + c
c+d = circle diameter
c+f = circle 3pts or c + 3
c+g = circle tan or c + t
i was thinking about a delay when hitting tab that will execute code
tab cs = circle center
tab cd = circle diameter so on
ofc scripts inside should be renamed respectively, not to write full code for renaming current scripts for this purpose
so inside my commands i will have cf.js, cf.html instead of Circle3pt.js, Circle3pt.html
thats just idea, that u might think about !
thanks !
26 Feb 2018   [#46] In reply to [#45]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, I've thought about adding 2-character shortcuts in MoI, it's something that I'd like to look into in the future. It will involve modifying several areas of keyboard handling so there is a fair amount of work involved.

> ofc scripts inside should be renamed respectively, not to write full code for renaming current
> scripts for this purpose so inside my commands i will have cf.js, cf.html instead of
> Circle3pt.js, Circle3pt.html

This part wouldn't really be feasible though because it would require having the 2 letter keystrokes set up for everything by default. The approach to shortcut keys in MoI is that they're primarily things for you as an individual to customize, it is not a goal to make all commands have predefined shortcut keys by default.

- Michael
27 Feb 2018   [#47] In reply to [#46]
i try to avoid extra enter keystroke
since all my keyboard is almost to the r,f,v maximum
one more idea to look at..
option for 1 edge fillet, chamfer or other heavy calculation - to have a fast look of final result
25 Mar 2018   [#48]
fun with moi

Image Attachments:
fun_with_moi.PNG 

26 Mar 2018   [#49] In reply to [#48]
Very nice!!

Thanks.
26 Mar 2018   [#50]
if smb have free time i have a request for scripting
perspective camera from image
26 Mar 2018   [#51] In reply to [#50]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, that would probably be a pretty time consuming script to create, so it's probably not too likely to happen.

I'd recommend using already existing methods with other software, for example SketchUp:
https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000115

or Blender with BLAM:
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/33625/still-frame-camera-solve/33628

or here is a more manual method:
https://www.fxphd.com/tips/finding-the-cameras-position-tutorial/

or another method using Blender again:
http://www.chocofur.com/camera-matching-tutorial-in-blender.html

- Michael
26 May 2020   [#52]
easy script, remade from hide curve, toggle shaded mode (working with reference images)
script:var breps = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getBReps(); var hide = true; for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) { var faces = breps.item(i).getFaces(); if ( i == 0 ) hide = !faces.item(0).hidden; faces.setProperty( 'hidden', hide ); }
26 May 2020   [#53] In reply to [#52]
In French ;)
script:/* Bascule Mode Filaire Ombré en Mode Image */var breps = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getBReps(); var hide = true; for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) { var faces = breps.item(i).getFaces(); if ( i == 0 ) hide = !faces.item(0).hidden; faces.setProperty( 'hidden', hide ); }

https://moiscript.weebly.com/filaire-ombreacute.html

PS : seems it's working in any mode ! (?)
27 May 2020   [#54]
yes, i was searching on google, then on http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/, havent found, made myself
thanks for new resource
27 May 2020   [#55]
Add English documentation prefix?

script: /*!Toggle shaded mode */ var breps =

- Brian
28 May 2020   [#56]
Clearing Ai exports with dynamic sketch - works perfectly - visual export bugs

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_15.png 

28 May 2020   [#57] In reply to [#56]
Hi Cemortan_Tudor, you might be able to reduce those by using a larger "Canvas megapixel resolution" value in the AI export options dialog. Maybe try doubling it and see if that helps. If you set it too high it can consume a lot of memory though.

- Michael
29 May 2020   [#58]
amazing stuff ))
from 1gb ram up to 4gb, resolution 25 -> 100, almost no rework needed
30 May 2020   [#59]
one more thing discovered, ai -> copy to clipboard - paste in moi works without any extra files, reversed doesn't work (

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_16.png 

30 May 2020   [#60] In reply to [#59]
hi,
there is a script for that:

script: /*! Copy AI format to clipboard */ moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardAI();
30 May 2020   [#61] In reply to [#60]
thanks !!
30 May 2020   [#62] In reply to [#59]
The clipboard copy to PDF or AI needs to be triggered by a separate shortcut like that because it has options UI for it. When you do the regular copy to clipboard, MoI does not know at that time where you're trying to target and it would be weird to pop up the AI options dialog for every Ctrl+C copy.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-2  3-22  23-42  43-62  63-82  83-102  103-122  …  363-372