MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-5  …  306-325  326-345  346-365  366-372

20 Mar 2022   [#366] In reply to [#365]
Hi Tudor, can you please post the .3dm model file with that geometry in it?

- Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#367] In reply to [#366]
out of space, expand my inbox )))

https://easyupload.io/6wcc94
orange/greeen - for blend
orange/blue for fillet
20 Mar 2022   [#368] In reply to [#367]
Hi Tudor, thanks for posting the file. I was hoping that would help me understand what you are asking about but I'm afraid that I still don't understand.

Are you trying to fillet curves instead of edges?

> orange/greeen - for blend
> orange/blue for fillet

Not understanding this either, do you mean you've already done a blend between orange and green and a fillet between orange and blue?

Sorry I'm not getting it, - Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#369] In reply to [#368]
so fillet i consider ~ a corner turn to rounded curvature with a radius
same principle want to be from blue to orange (file I've posted I've cut a part from curve (orange green) for a blend) that i'd consider as a fillet
moi doesn't have any implementation for corner blend radius -> aka fillet

https://easyupload.io/22suev explained in moi
20 Mar 2022   [#370] In reply to [#369]
Hi Tudor, for curve filleting the curve segments to be filleted need to be coplanar.

That's both a limit in the geometry library and also just in general on non-coplanar setups there often won't be a spot where an arc of the given radius exists that is tangent to both curves.

- Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#371] In reply to [#370]
either in fillet tab (extra option for non-coplanar) or in blend tab with a corner selected (will act like fillet - thats why i'm more towards option in fillet tab) , both doing same thing, cut a distance and make blend together
the way i'm imagining cutting is a sphere growing radius from corner introduced by user, where sphere intersects with lines - make a cut & blend after, if growing sphere(radius) meets 3'd intersection point, algorithm fails
ofc if wont be fillet radius, but calculated radius (technically not part of fillet)
20 Mar 2022   [#372] In reply to [#371]
Hi Tudor, yes the problem is that if you cut something by intersection with a sphere then if you try to put in a circular arc segment between the cut pieces the arc will not be tangent to both cut ends.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-5  …  306-325  326-345  346-365  366-372