7 Nov 2021   [#358] In reply to [#355]
i'll post geometry later where i see benefits
as more detailed explanation
7 Nov 2021   [#359] In reply to [#357]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> external link, out of space https://www.sendspace.com/file/zara2u
> any red/orange selection

Thanks, I can repeat the extrude artifacts over here now. But they only seem to happen when the extrusion is a very small distance away. Once you move more than about 1 unit the artifacts disappear. Is it the same over there?

I think the artifacts are related to difficulty in doing boolean calculations on small slivery objects.

I might be able to improve this, I'll put it on my list of things to investigate. Thanks for sending it in.

- Michael
11 Nov 2021   [#360]
using rotate is possible to align parallel to one edge with one construction line, or ways todo it easier

Image Attachments:
za.png 

11 Nov 2021   [#361] In reply to [#360]
Hi Tudor, you can capture a direction with a construction line and relocate it to the rotation center, then use snaps.

Here's a demonstration:

- Michael
11 Nov 2021   [#362]
thanks !
15 Nov 2021   [#363]
using this script
moi.geometryDatabase.deselectAll();
var a = moi.command.lastCommandRevisionStart;
var b = moi.command.lastCommandRevisionEnd;
var objects = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects();
for ( var i = 0; i < objects.length; ++i ) {
var obj = objects.item(i);
if ( obj.databaseRevision> a && obj.databaseRevision <= b ) obj.selected = true; }

akka: LastCreated Object/objects -> usefull to control arrays or booleans/new geometry/curves so on
& i have some troubles
1. If I'll move an object, scale, rotate - it will count as last object, not new one created(let's say I've created a circle before - and script will record last object as LastCreated)
2. after creation if i'll cancel next operation, it wount count as last created (ex: created circle, try to move, didn't like, cancel - Last created won't count any more, history gone)
good addition will be -> undo saves last created tree* -> after 10 creation & 6 undos, will selet '4th created
as i see this should be ~ history records on new created objects, correct me if it's not designed application
15 Nov 2021   [#364] In reply to [#363]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> 1. If I'll move an object, scale, rotate - it will count as last object, not new one created(let's say I've
> created a circle before - and script will record last object as LastCreated)

Yes, this is the intended behavior. When you move, scale, or rotate an object the original object is deleted and a new one is created.

> 2. after creation if i'll cancel next operation, it wount count as last created (ex: created circle, try to move,
> didn't like, cancel - Last created won't count any more, history gone)

Yes this is also how it is intended to work. The "last created" information that you are gathering is what was created by the last command that was run.

If you run a command and then cancel it that was the last run command and it didn't create anything, so asking for what was created by the last run command should return nothing in this situation.

If those are not doing what you need then you'll need some other mechanism to do it, these are working as they are supposed to.

- Michael
19 Mar 2022   [#365]
in case like this where are 2 frames of curves - can't fillet the corners (orange/green, orange/blue)
defaults - i think that it should work like blend

Image Attachments:
fillet.png 

20 Mar 2022   [#366] In reply to [#365]
Hi Tudor, can you please post the .3dm model file with that geometry in it?

- Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#367] In reply to [#366]
out of space, expand my inbox )))

https://easyupload.io/6wcc94
orange/greeen - for blend
orange/blue for fillet
20 Mar 2022   [#368] In reply to [#367]
Hi Tudor, thanks for posting the file. I was hoping that would help me understand what you are asking about but I'm afraid that I still don't understand.

Are you trying to fillet curves instead of edges?

> orange/greeen - for blend
> orange/blue for fillet

Not understanding this either, do you mean you've already done a blend between orange and green and a fillet between orange and blue?

Sorry I'm not getting it, - Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#369] In reply to [#368]
so fillet i consider ~ a corner turn to rounded curvature with a radius
same principle want to be from blue to orange (file I've posted I've cut a part from curve (orange green) for a blend) that i'd consider as a fillet
moi doesn't have any implementation for corner blend radius -> aka fillet

https://easyupload.io/22suev explained in moi
20 Mar 2022   [#370] In reply to [#369]
Hi Tudor, for curve filleting the curve segments to be filleted need to be coplanar.

That's both a limit in the geometry library and also just in general on non-coplanar setups there often won't be a spot where an arc of the given radius exists that is tangent to both curves.

- Michael
20 Mar 2022   [#371] In reply to [#370]
either in fillet tab (extra option for non-coplanar) or in blend tab with a corner selected (will act like fillet - thats why i'm more towards option in fillet tab) , both doing same thing, cut a distance and make blend together
the way i'm imagining cutting is a sphere growing radius from corner introduced by user, where sphere intersects with lines - make a cut & blend after, if growing sphere(radius) meets 3'd intersection point, algorithm fails
ofc if wont be fillet radius, but calculated radius (technically not part of fillet)
20 Mar 2022   [#372] In reply to [#371]
Hi Tudor, yes the problem is that if you cut something by intersection with a sphere then if you try to put in a circular arc segment between the cut pieces the arc will not be tangent to both cut ends.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-15  …  296-315  316-335  336-355  356-372