MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-17  …  278-297  298-317  318-337  338-357  358-372

2 Nov 2021   [#338] In reply to [#336]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> as soon as red -> corner is activated - option for green - "ctrl + shift" rotation transform from that corner

The corner grips are used for scaling, rotation is done by the rotation grip. If you click on the rotation grip to activate wheel mode you can drag the rotation center point to a different location.

- Michael
4 Nov 2021   [#339]
rectangle
r - round corners (possible introducing a point in center to mark that round corner is on, deleting after operation)
d - boolean difference -> works only with preselected objects - mostly for deleting symmetry & reapply a new one// round corners are disabled

Attachments:
Rectangle.js

4 Nov 2021   [#340]
is it possible to ivoke a script from current script ? not to rewrite all again ?
from loft to shell
4 Nov 2021   [#341]
in situation like this - both selected planar won't work

Image Attachments:
pipe.png 

4 Nov 2021   [#342] In reply to [#341]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> in situation like this - both selected planar won't work

It's working fine for me over here, can you post the .3dm file where it isn't working?

If you want to cap planar ends of an object like that you can also select the whole object and then run Planar, it will build trimmed planes and also automatically join them.

- Michael

Image Attachments:
tudor_planar1.jpg  tudor_planar2.jpg 

4 Nov 2021   [#343] In reply to [#340]
Hi Tudor,

> is it possible to ivoke a script from current script ? not to rewrite all again ?
> from loft to shell

You can launch a new command from a command by using moi.command.execCommand( 'command_name' ); but that will cancel the current running command and the new one won't start until the current one has exited.

There isn't currently any way to launch a command as a kind of subroutine without exiting the current one. I have some ideas on adding that in the future.

- Michael
4 Nov 2021   [#344]
didn't know that it was such an option - selecting body - planar
i was doing as usual, selecting edges !
thanks !
7 Nov 2021   [#345]
need some help with developing a function for move script
move arc -> draw helpers(points) on missing bbox frame (wanna use for arc -> draw points/aids for corners)
7 Nov 2021   [#346] In reply to [#345]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> need some help with developing a function for move script
> move arc -> draw helpers(points) on missing bbox frame (wanna use for arc -> draw points/aids for corners)

I'll need a lot more detailed explanation of what you're trying to do to be able to understand it and help.

- Michael
7 Nov 2021   [#347]
thinking more idea won't work
will be good for next version - where will be point selection in scripting
idea is simple
whenever i've determined there's an arc or simple bended curve draw aids on corners as shown - pivot points on missing corners

Image Attachments:
arc.png 

7 Nov 2021   [#348]
extrude problems
i know there are ways around it, wanna show current
cylinder, cutted with a plane
selecting cutted smaller piece top face - extrude -> no problems, with cutted in between, extrude -> slows down and shows artifacts, any scale

Image Attachments:
extrude.png 

7 Nov 2021   [#349] In reply to [#347]
Hi Tudor,

> will be good for next version - where will be point selection in scripting
> idea is simple
> whenever i've determined there's an arc or simple bended curve draw aids on corners as shown - pivot points on missing corners

Sorry I don't understand this at all. Are you looking for some way to make a point picker snap to those points you show?

What command is the point picker running in? Are you talking about a pointpicker in a new command you want to write or in an existing command?

- Michael
7 Nov 2021   [#350] In reply to [#348]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> cylinder, cutted with a plane
> selecting cutted smaller piece top face - extrude -> no problems, with cutted in between, extrude -> slows down and shows artifacts, any scale

Can you please post a .3dm model file with the cut cylinder in it that you are seeing the artifacts with?

- Michael
7 Nov 2021   [#351] In reply to [#350]
extrude
7 Nov 2021   [#352] In reply to [#349]
snap yes
there's no easy easy other then build construction lines
move/rotate from corner point,scale/copy .. etc -> mostly for 3d view

Image Attachments:
arcs.png 

7 Nov 2021   [#353]
another idea with arcs
polyline round corners -> add a snap point of last distance(red) on new drawn contruction line or holding shift snap line -> manual fillet or draw arcs
other words -> distance from a to b to project on b to c if it's a contruction line

Image Attachments:
snap_point_01.png 

7 Nov 2021   [#354] In reply to [#351]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> extrude

Thanks for posting the file. What piece should I select and extrude to see the artifacts that you were asking about?

- Michael
7 Nov 2021   [#355] In reply to [#352]
Hi Tudor,

> snap yes
> there's no easy easy other then build construction lines
> move/rotate from corner point,scale/copy .. etc -> mostly for 3d view

No easy way to do what exactly? I'm sorry but I'm not getting enough information from you to be able to understand what you're asking about here.

- Michael
7 Nov 2021   [#356]
https://youtu.be/2txgDjHsXIc?t=950
another future that will benefit
offset extend to cap surface
7 Nov 2021   [#357]
external link, out of space https://www.sendspace.com/file/zara2u
any red/orange selection

Show messages:  1-17  …  278-297  298-317  318-337  338-357  358-372