MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-15  …  256-275  276-295  296-315  316-335  336-355  356-372

7 Aug 2021   [#316] In reply to [#315]
Hi Tudor, the problem in your script there is this part:

> .getTopLevelObjects() -> object itself

All the " getXXXXX()" methods on an object list do are filtering mechanisms, they make a new list that only contains the given types that are already present in the current list.

So if you had an object list with 2 objects in it, an edge and a brep, when you call getTopLevelObjects() it would return a list with just the brep in it, that's the only top level object currently in the list.

If you have an object list with just one edge in it, calling getTopLevelObjects() on it will return an empty list because there are no top level objects directly in the list currently.

You need to instead do something like this:

var objs = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects(); if ( objs.numEdges == 1 ) { var edge = objs.item(0); var edges = edge.getParentBRep().getEdges(); moi.ui.alert( edges.length); }

So get the edge object, call getParentBRep() on it to get the parent brep, then call getEdges() on that.

- Michael
8 Aug 2021   [#317]
thanks !

/* select similar length edge*/
var edgeSelected = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects().getEdges().item(0).getLength();
var objs = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects();
var tollerance = 1000;
if ( objs.numEdges == 1 ) {
var edge = objs.item(0);
var edgeL = objs.item(0).getLength();
var min = edgeL - edgeL/tollerance;
var max = edgeL + edgeL/tollerance;
var edges = edge.getParentBRep().getEdges();
for ( var i = 0; i < edges.length; ++i ) {
var edgeLoopL = edges.item(i).getLength();
if ( edgeLoopL> min && edgeLoopL< max)
edges.item(i).selected = true;
}
}
26 Sep 2021   [#318]
idk if fillets will be changed for v5
~ an addition - last created on fillet failed, but building the supported faces - to select new created faces
26 Sep 2021   [#319] In reply to [#318]
Hi Tudor, you can select faces that were created by the last run command by using this script in v4:

script: /* Select fillet surfaces */ moi.geometryDatabase.deselectAll(); var breps = moi.geometryDatabase.getLastCreated().getBReps();
for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) { var faces = breps.item(i).getFaces(); for ( var j = 0; j < faces.length; ++j )
{ var f = faces.item(j); if ( f.isNew ) f.selected = true; } }

So for example after doing a fillet that will select all the fillet surfaces.

- Michael
26 Sep 2021   [#320] In reply to [#319]
Cool !

And something for select only "Flat Faces" ? (not especially after the last function)
26 Sep 2021   [#321] In reply to [#320]
Hi Pilou, planar faces can be selected using the detailed object properties dialog.

Select the solid first, then click "Details...", then click the label where it shows the number of faces, then click the label that shows the number of planar faces.

There will be another way in v5 using the Types section of the scene browser.

- Michael
26 Sep 2021   [#322] In reply to [#321]
Ah excellent i have totally forgotten this!

26 Sep 2021   [#323]
Idem

I forgot this possibility I knew.
But when I don't use it often, I forget to use this trick.

Thanks for this Michael !
23 Oct 2021   [#324]
Ohayo
Is it possible to bind hotkeys to mouse 4/5 and combinations with those ?
~ default moi doesnt support that, any other softwares ?
23 Oct 2021   [#325] In reply to [#324]
Hi Tudor, sorry no MoI does not itself have any way to use extra mouse buttons.

> ~ default moi doesnt support that, any other softwares ?

Probably some kind of utility could be used for this, what operating system are you using?

- Michael
23 Oct 2021   [#326] In reply to [#325]
win 10
23 Oct 2021   [#327] In reply to [#326]
There's a utility program called AutoHotKey that can do that type of stuff.

- Michael
24 Oct 2021   [#328]
expanding boolDifference

1. for closed curves
if curves aren't on same frame(missdraw or random snap) will perform boolD to first plane
2. for selection of breps and curves, curves will be ignored - boolean will be applied only to breps

Attachments:
BooleanDifference.js

24 Oct 2021   [#329]
fillet
c - swap between constant distance and circular

Attachments:
Fillet.js

25 Oct 2021   [#330]
example of swapping from hard edge to soft(circular)
edge can be trimmed with a line, after chamfer - trimmed edges will remain & can be selected for next fillet
https://gifyu.com/image/eWdv
25 Oct 2021   [#331]
ohayo !
sweep question, how can a rect automatch a sweep profile ? or any other curved shape(planar) ?
panneling or border workflow
25 Oct 2021   [#332] In reply to [#331]
Hi Tudor, I'm sorry I don't really understand the question. Are you asking about the "autoplace" mode for Sweep? That is turned on if a sweep profile is outside of the rail curve's bounding box. When it's on the sweep profile will be moved to the rail and rotated to align with the rail's tangent and then swept along the rail path.

If the profile curve is inside the bounding box of the rail curve then it will not be moved and will be swept from it's current position.

- Michael
27 Oct 2021   [#333]
run out of forum's disc space, outside link
https://easyupload.io/bloyl4
~ if combined with object library I could easily define border/paneling options
2 Nov 2021   [#334]
~ for implementation
when "transform tool" is enabled and picking from corner to scale -> option to rotate from that view -> ctrl + shift is still free

and a question -> is it possible to activate transform rotate tool from 3d view ?
2 Nov 2021   [#335] In reply to [#334]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> when "transform tool" is enabled and picking from corner to scale -> option to rotate from that
> view -> ctrl + shift is still free

Sorry I'm not understanding this request. Ctrl+shift is currently used to force window selection without any click selection.

re:
> and a question -> is it possible to activate transform rotate tool from 3d view ?

If you have a planar object selected you can see the rotation grip in the 3d view and click it to turn on wheel mode. But otherwise no.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-15  …  256-275  276-295  296-315  316-335  336-355  356-372