MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-10  …  71-90  91-110  111-130  131-150  151-170  171-190  191-210  …  371-372

2 Jul 2020   [#131] In reply to [#130]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> is that if clicked?

No, it's available anytime the pointpicker has been able to get a point, like with mousemove.

> cuz if I click something, scripts ends it's action

Yes, that's how the regular Align command is supposed to work. When you click a point a 'finished' event will be triggered, and this part of the script exits the even loop when it sees that;

code:
	while ( 1 )
	{
		if ( !pointpicker.waitForEvent() )
			return;

>>>		if ( pointpicker.event == 'finished' )
>>>			break;

If you don't want the script to end when a point is clicked you would want to modify what it does with the 'finished' event, like ignore it.

- Michael
3 Jul 2020   [#132]
Thanks Michael

Align Hotkeys
w - top
s - bottom
a - left
d - right
q - Vertical Center
e - Horizontal Center
added
align corners
ex: w+a/w+d/s+a/s+d

Attachments:
underTest_Align.js

4 Jul 2020   [#133]
based on
https://github.com/arekm/rsdoc-to-sat

Convert DesignSpark Mechanical DSM rsdoc file to sat file which can be loaded into MoI3d
Installation -> python3

drag & drop rsdoc file(s) onto rsdoc-to-sat.py file
.sat file(s) will appear in the same directory as rsdoc file(s).

author went via winreg path, i've changed path inside script to full path ~
inside script change path of sabsat to full path of SabSatConverter.exe (it comes with full DSM installation)
~
sabsat = "C:\\Program Files\\DesignSpark\\DesignSpark Mechanical 4.0\\SabSatConverter.exe"
~

Attachments:
rsdoc-to-sat.py

4 Jul 2020   [#134]
o hayo !
v4 new future crv.evaluateCurvature
I'm thinking about script for edge loop up to ~ broken curvature on a brep (on curve will be a sharp corner)
if i'm extracting curves, how shall i transfer back to edges ?
4 Jul 2020   [#135] In reply to [#134]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> if i'm extracting curves, how shall i transfer back to edges ?

Sorry I'm not sure I understand this - you can call curve evaluate methods on an edge curve just like you can on a "standalone" curve.

One thing to be aware of is that a curvature break between 2 edge curves does not mean anything about the continuity of the surface at that point. For example:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
tudor_edge_break.jpg 

4 Jul 2020   [#136]
Shortcuts for manipulation:
Fillet; Inset; Shell ; Offset(Brep)

Numpad+ -> value + value/2
Shift+Numpad+ -> value + value/10
Numpad- -> value - value /3
Shift+Numpad- -> value + value/10
Numpad* -> value*value
Numpad/ -> value/value

Attachments:
GetDistance.js

4 Jul 2020   [#137]
http://moi3d.com/wiki/V4Beta
Scripting:
Added additional script interface for Curve and CurveSegment objects.
For both Curves and CurveSegments:

wasn't any mention about edges, will try !
4 Jul 2020   [#138]
About align - 3d viewport -> I think it should be aligned along camera position - not along axis
4 Jul 2020   [#139] In reply to [#137]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> wasn't any mention about edges, will try !

Edge curves and "standalone" curves have the same curve interface object.

> About align - 3d viewport -> I think it should be aligned along camera position - not along axis

Can you show an example of what you mean?

- Michael
4 Jul 2020   [#140]
Unified under one command Union and Join ~ they do they same, need more testing

Attachments:
UnionJoin.htm
UnionJoin.js

4 Jul 2020   [#141]
based on camera angle what's left/right/top/bottom

Image Attachments:
NewCanvas1.png 

4 Jul 2020   [#142] In reply to [#141]
Hi Tudor, that's an interesting idea. But what if your camera angle is right near a switchover spot? That would probably mean that you could get in a situation where you move the camera a slight amount and get a big shift in the result.

- Michael
4 Jul 2020   [#143] In reply to [#142]
yes, but at the current align i have to guess what button should i press
for static i could change to orto views !
4 Jul 2020   [#144] In reply to [#143]
Hi Tudor, you don't have to guess if you look at the x/y/z axis tripod display in the lower left corner:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
xyz_display.jpg 

4 Jul 2020   [#145]
dont have them xD well, it was a suggestion(intuitively will be right and left - ! all we know what it means xD no x & y's - it was written right side ! why it haves weird xD ))

I'm in another propose script ~ isolate update
now - the way it works it now it isolates objects, next call unhides all
what i want - isolate to update on selected objects(ex: doing some operation on objects, isolate to work further), on deselect - call isolate - unhide all. for that i need a global variable ! as I've read scripts all variables are inside scripts (i'm still learning js)
benefits - hitting twice isolate to work further - not to much ~ clicking saving
4 Jul 2020   [#146]
options vanilla - save current color style as default
I respect blender for community they've grow

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_16.png 

4 Jul 2020   [#147]
cplane as internal doesn't have options locating hotkeys reset, etc

I like pointpicker.addSnapPoint( startpt, moi.ui.getText('Closed snap') ); -> moi.ui.getText()
can it be fixed at a viewport camera position (aka : bottom right; wanna do mini helper for added hotkeys that i'm doing ~ https://youtu.be/8k2NGWrKbj4?t=1239 bottom right ) only when moved over show helper (new lines will be welcome) : personalized -> mb yes -> if u won't see growth in this direction ! (I know that u want viewport as clean as possible, asking for ~ a helper point/style without can be improved - need agreement )
this also can be applied to filters ( which I have to have opened browser to view which one is active - aka edg/faces/solids/so on)
4 Jul 2020   [#148] In reply to [#145]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> now - the way it works it now it isolates objects, next call unhides all

No, that's not how it works now. The way it works now is on the first call it saves a snapshot of the hide/show state of all objects to internal memory, then it does an isolate. The next time you trigger it, it restores things to the pre-isolate snapshot.

For example starting with 6 objects, these 4 are hidden:

Select this object:

Do Isolate, now it is the only one visible and the other 5 are hidden:

Do Isolate a second time, only the object that was visible when the first Isolate was done is visible, not the other 4 objects which remain hidden:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
tudor_isolate1.jpg  tudor_isolate2.jpg  tudor_isolate3.jpg  tudor_isolate4.jpg  tudor_isolate5.jpg 

4 Jul 2020   [#149] In reply to [#146]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> options vanilla - save current color style as default
> I respect blender for community they've grow

You can do that in MoI by saving a .3dm file with the colors set how you want, then set it as the startup template file under Options > General > Template file, the styles in that file will be used as your default ones when you start up MoI or when you do a File > New :

- Michael

Image Attachments:
tudor_template_file.jpg 

4 Jul 2020   [#150] In reply to [#147]
Hi Tudor:

re:
> cplane as internal doesn't have options locating hotkeys reset, etc

You can set up a shortcut key for cplane reset by putting in this on a shortcut key:

script: moi.view.resetCPlane();

Also a right-click on the View > CPlane button is a shortcut for reset.

> I like pointpicker.addSnapPoint( startpt, moi.ui.getText('Closed snap') ); -> moi.ui.getText()
> can it be fixed at a viewport camera position (aka : bottom right; wanna do mini helper for
> added hotkeys that i'm doing ~ https://youtu.be/8k2NGWrKbj4?t=1239 bottom right )
> only when moved over show helper (new lines will be welcome) :

There isn't any mechanism for displaying viewport text at a fixed screen location, I would recommend using a dialog for something that stays fixed on screen rather than a viewport display object.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-10  …  71-90  91-110  111-130  131-150  151-170  171-190  191-210  …  371-372