MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: XNurbs releases the most powerful and easiest-to-use NURBS software (Closed)

Show messages: All  1  2-14

2 Nov 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Kevin.

What I write here is my very personal opinion.

I don't think that spamming advertisement of your XNURBs plugin for SolidWorks, here on the Moi's forum it's a good idea.

IMHO is not a correct way to deal with Moi's community.

Regards.
2 Nov 2017   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Kevin ..
I do agree with Marco.
The MoI forum is not the place to be advertising unrelated software (though Solidworks and XNurbs may be excellent programs).
eric
3 Nov 2017   [#4]
A tool that costs twice the price of MoI, and is a plug-in for a much more expensive application, no thanks. :)
3 Nov 2017   [#5]
Yep. Ditto. Posting on a competitors forum, beside rude, is one SURE-FIRE way for me NOT to want to do business with you. Not a good harbinger for the integrity of a company I want to ever do business with.
3 Nov 2017   [#6]
yeah come on man we come to this forum to learn and talk about Moi.
3 Nov 2017   [#7] In reply to [#1]
Not cool, man.
3 Nov 2017   [#8]
Hello,

don't be so hard. Here are a lot of contributions that are not directly related to MoI. (SketchUp, Modo, Rocket3F, Blender, 3DCoat, NX - I hate it, Catia, SketchUp and ZBrush and - have I mentioned SketchUp and Modo and ZBrush). Some of the contributions are also interesting for me - even though I never used some of these tools, especially SubD. Okay - With only a few exceptions, no direct advertising was made, of course - I don't like it also. Nevertheless, the way of working is interesting to see, although only a few of us consider it for a purchase. The most powerful and easiest to use tool of all time is - of course - questionable.

I think to express your disinterest, is to ignore the posts and keep the respect for each other.

If you don't agree with me - ignore it. If you agree with me - smile:-)

For both groups:

A nice and interesting day
Karsten
3 Nov 2017   [#9]
:-)
3 Nov 2017   [#10]
Hello,

Kevin, it's just good business to respect anothers house. Michael Gibson has always struck me as very accommodating when it comes to his product and forum, is there a good reason to take advantage of his reasonable nature?

On a side note I think MoI has you beat in the ease of use department.
3 Nov 2017   [#11] In reply to [#8]
Karsten,

It's not about "being so hard." It's about traditional forum etiquette.

Most off-topic posts are provided in the context of someone (Frenchy, for instance) taking his time to communicate to us something which he thinks may be of interest to the community as a whole. In that spirit, nothing is being advertised or offered as a business opportunity. What the OP did is using this forum to try and harvest potential customers to spend their money on a possible competitor to MoI.

You are incorrect in conflating the two.

This is a private forum, and of course Michael has the final say. Stuff like this gets snuffed pretty fast in other communities I belong and have belonged to in the past.
3 Nov 2017   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Hello Chipp,

I don't want to divide the forum. And I agree with you, about the traditional forum etiquette. But different opinions are the salt in the soup. I didn't want to criticize someone here and I appreciate contributions that are not in my focus, also. So let us look forward.

So rest in peace "XNurbs releases the most powerful and easiest-to-use NURBS software of the universe for thousands of Dollars - thread"
Karsten
3 Nov 2017   [#13]
Hi everyone,

I follow every threads and use Mo3D everyday but even if we are an open community to to be curious enough about what is released concerning nurbs, we are experienced enough to be tuned with this sort of news XNurbs !!!!..... but somewhere else ;)

We contribute here because we are in love with this software and to help a smart dev (Michael GIBSON) who's is amazing, and yes by buying his software.

Even if i'm an open minded i can't really understand this sort of advertising that is so stupid with no respect.

Long life to Moi3D and proud to use it.
3 Nov 2017   [#14] In reply to [#1]
Thanks everyone - there's a bit of a language barrier problem going on here I think.

@Kevin - basically the reason why some are upset is kind of from the overall tone of the title. MoI itself is NURBS software and a major focus of MoI is that it's easy to use. So in the title when you write that XNurbs is _the_ easiest to use, it kind of implies that people using MoI should abandon MoI and use XNurbs instead.

So the way you've happened to phrase your title and post here make it sound like you're trying to promote a competing product here in the main MoI forum, and usually that's not done.

To fit within the etiquette that most people would be expecting here, you'd probably need to tone down the title to start with, and you'd probably want to incorporate something in your message about why a MoI user would benefit from XNurbs since this is specifically the MoI forum and not a general product announcement forum.

But I think I'll go ahead and lock this thread since there's probably not much to be gained by further discussion.

- Michael

Show messages: All  1  2-14