MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Feature request with Solid creation

Show messages: All  1  2-6

2 Nov 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Asticles, could you please describe in a little more detail how it would be different from the current commands?

- Michael
7 Nov 2017   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pYpLF3wrE

This is a bit old, but currently LWCAD can do boolean operations when creating objects selecting which boolean operation is being used (look at square blue buttons on the 3d view).

Haven't found a better video.

Maybe this is already implemented and I don't know the procedure.

Regards
7 Nov 2017   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Asticles, there currently isn't any way to do that in MoI. But in the future I do want to work on a deeper history function to get that type of editing feedback.

It is more important for flexibility to have booleans as a separate command because there may be many other ways to generate the objects being booleaned than just direct immediate drawing, like if you import some solids from another file and then want to do booleans with them for example.

- Michael
7 Nov 2017   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thanks for your answer,

Well, I was talking about an addition to draw solid operation, not a replacement for boolean operation.

Regards
7 Nov 2017   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Asticles,

> Well, I was talking about an addition to draw solid operation, not a replacement
> for boolean operation.

The problem with that is having a whole lot of modes to manage can generally tend to increase the complexity of the UI. It's a big priority to try and make MoI easy to use and huge control panels of options that you have to set and unset things in all the time tends to go against that.

But I have been thinking about some possibilities for draw modes though, it might be something that I can explore in v4. It depends on if it can be low profile enough to not burden the default UI too much.

- Michael

Show messages: All  1  2-6