MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Can't install MoI becouse of anti virus scanner

31 Oct 2017   [#1]
Hi,
when I try to install MoI 30 days trial I got a message from my anti virus program (ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 10.1.235.1).
It says that a DLL is dangerous and deletes it during installation.

I would like to test the software but as long as I am not sure that it is clean I can not install it.
I have a lot of projects where I have signed an NDA so I need to be very carefull.

Anyone with similar experience?
Any ideas?
31 Oct 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hello,

If I remember right, the expiration mechanism from the 30 days trial might be seen as a threat by your antivirus. So you should temporary disable NOD32, or add an exception for Moi trial, there is nothing wrong with it.

Beside there is an alternate trial version (no expiration but save disabled), that should run fine.
31 Oct 2017   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Muha, yes the 30-day trial is wrapped by a protection layer called WinLicense which makes it more difficult to trace through and crack. Unfortunately ESET has a problem where it decides that any program wrapped by WinLicense will be flagged as a virus. I'm not sure why they do that, you would need to find out from them.

So anyway, it's a problem specific to the ESET anti-virus program. You would need to temporarily disable ESET in order to install the MoI 30-day trial, or another possibility is you can use the other "no save" trial version since that one is not wrapped by WinLicense. The full purchased version is also not wrapped by WinLicense either. If you also need further peace of mind that MoI doesn't actually have a virus in it, you can upload it to https://www.virustotal.com which is a web service that will run something like 40 different virus checkers on the file.

- Michael
7 Nov 2017   [#4]
Hi,
thank your for your answers and sorry for my late response, I have been a bit busy.
I will check out the other trial.

Thanks!