MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Vitaly bulgarov modelling

Show messages: All  1-2  3-13

27 Oct 2017   [#3]
Vitaly is fantastic modeller...i would say close to 'that is it'.
As far as his methodology is concerned he uses possibly heaps of Moi but I think he has some
elements scripted in grasshopper with custom modules and things like Catmull Clark.
That is by the way my dream of the future. Simplicity of Moi with coding when needed.
27 Oct 2017   [#4]
To ad few more words....my personal flow in MOi is mainly based, similar to what Michael mentioned in his post, on use of Boolean/Merge tool.
27 Oct 2017   [#5] In reply to [#3]
To my knowledge, Bulgarov uses no grasshopper or Rhino. He likes ZBrush, and still uses the deprecated XSI.

Just like many of us here, he believes in the right tools for the job, which includes poly/SubD modelers, topology modelers and NURBS-- which of course is MoI. I actually started using MoI because of him. I'm sure there are many others.

He likes to "kitbssh" which you can do in MoI quite effectively. You may want to see my tutorial on it.

For the longest time he rendered in KeyShot, but had recently started rendering more and more using Octane.
27 Oct 2017   [#6]

Image Attachments:
Screenshot-2017-10-27 Vitaly Bulgarov ( vitalybulgarov) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg 

27 Oct 2017   [#7] In reply to [#6]
The whte pieces i could imagine being created in moi. All the angles look really hard to model in moi especially when you use the orthographic view ports a lot for the boolean operations
27 Oct 2017   [#8] In reply to [#6]
Hi Chucky.

@You : screenshot...

Well...I really don't like robots/weapons but clearly Vitaly is a very talented artist.

Technically speaking Vitaly is capable of producing stunning pieces of CG !!!

Chapeau for his talent.
11 Nov 2017   [#9] In reply to [#8]
I wonder what kind of pen he uses.

8 )
6 Dec 2020   [#10]

Hey everyone! I'm fairly new to Moi3D but have been following the tutorials diligently.

I was wondering if you could help me figure something out Vitaly Bulgarov related.

In this post here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq9qyZ5B2V4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

In the first few seconds he does something to create a plane at a very interesting angle in order to trim the top off the leg.

I have been trying to recreate this effect but I just can't seem to draw lines like this without the end shooting off somewhere way off in the distance.

I'm clearly missing something really simple here! Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

6 Dec 2020   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Seems
It's just Extrude something (here a simple line) by a Direction! ;)

Helper lines help you to draw the second line (Click move without release...release )
6 Dec 2020   [#12] In reply to [#10]
Hi Liam, yes in the Extrude command there's a "Set dir" and if you push it then you can pick 2 points to set up a custom extrusion direction.

- Michael
6 Dec 2020   [#13]
Amazing, thanks - having just tested that out, that is EXACTLY what it was.

Many thanks!

Show messages: All  1-2  3-13