MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Planar Holes Finder : a script for 2D workflows!

Show messages:  1-2  3-22  23-27

26 Oct 2017   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Michael thanks you very much for your precious help! Much appreciated !!

Well...I hold in the highest regards all your suggestions and I keep them into my mind.

But for the moment I decided to publish the very first official version of this script using "closestpt" mode of Project command.

I have seen that, apart some rare cases, it gives me much more flexibility and I can work on all views.

In a few hours I will post the first version 1.0 beta also with the variant for lasso selection.

I hope that many users will try these scripts and will report me all issues or strange things.

In this case I will switch to a more complex "curve detection" using "Direction" mode or other ways.

For the moment I think and hope that this couple of scripts, including "Lasso" selection, will be very useful for many 2D workflows and
for other Moi's use cases in general.

Just a final question : Do you think I should create a brand new thread for this first official release to give it the chance to be viewed and tried by
as many users as possible ?

I don't want to spam this forum with all my things ... :)

Thanks again.

Wel'll catch up!

Ciao.
26 Oct 2017   [#24] In reply to [#22]
P.S. ...

Meanwhile could you please remove the old thread that I created some days ago named : "A possible script for finding "holes" of a planar closed curve" ?

Thanks a lot.

Message 8646.25 was deleted

26 Oct 2017   [#26] In reply to [#23]
Hi Marco,

re:
> Do you think I should create a brand new thread for this first official release to give
> it the chance to be viewed and tried by as many users as possible ?

Sure, that sounds like a good idea.

re:
> Meanwhile could you please remove the old thread that I created some days ago named : "A
> possible script for finding "holes" of a planar closed curve" ?

Are you sure you need to have it removed? Since there was some discussion there about possible strategies maybe it could be useful for someone doing research on how to approach a particular kind of script in the future...

- Michael
26 Oct 2017   [#27] In reply to [#26]
Hello Michael.

Ok. I will publish this first beta version of these two scripts in a new thread.

I'm doing some final test and I hope that in a couple of hours, starting now, I should be done.

Unfortunately, like you said, during the last tests the "ClosePt" method for the "Project" command is proving to be too unreliable in many cases.

But I want to close this first beta soon, so i think I should switch to "Direction" mode and calculate the direction based on the bounding box of the container curve.

This will take at least one hour to make some test.

@You : "...Are you sure you need to have it removed? Since there was some discussion there about possible strategies..."

I asked you to remove the other thread because I thought that all the most important things have been addressed here
and all the 5 posts there are only from you and me. No other users.

If you want you can remove it.

Now I go to make the final coding and test.

We'll catch up!

Show messages:  1-2  3-22  23-27