MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi + Affinity : Moi for 2D workflows

Show messages:  1-3  4-23  24-43  44-63  64-73

15 Jul 2018   [#64]
Hi Marco,

very nice. I was also thinking yesterday about antique greek patterns... :-)

https://www.shutterstock.com/de/image-vector/circle-ornament-round-frame-rosette-ancient-155564927

Regards
Stefan
15 Jul 2018   [#65] In reply to [#64]
Thanks Stefan!

Regarding "greek patterns" yes, Moi is very well suited for that kind of stuff :)

Imagination is the only limit!
15 Jul 2018   [#66]
Hi Marco,

i am already working on a math related pendant which will include such a greek pattern... :-)

Regards
Stefan
15 Jul 2018   [#67] In reply to [#66]
Cool! I'm sure that it will be very nice.
15 Jul 2018   [#68]
Hi Marco,

i hope so too. This is my fist approach of a circular greek pattern, entirely
done with MoI only. MoI is such an amazing tool and so much fun to use!

I must admit however, that i had several tries until i got (for me) the right
look and proportions. Hope you like! I will use this first pattern for my new
math pendant, because i think it will fit nicely for the theme.

P.S. Now i know why those greek circular patterns are mostly for sale, on
the Internet...

Bildschirmfoto_2018-07-15_um_21.10.07

Regards
Stefan
15 Jul 2018   [#69] In reply to [#68]
Very nice! I like it!
Looking forward to the renderings ;)
16 Jul 2018   [#70]
Hello everyone!

Here you go. Two additional simple examples of how to use Moi in an unusual way. Moi for...vector paintings :)

(just as a side info...I have registered both tutorials in real time so there are a lot of undo or changes of mind.

The first example is just for fun, because clearly Affinity Designer (and any other serious vector app) has already all the tools that allow us to create freehand sketches.
Anyway also in this first example it's clear that we can leverage on the "Trim" of Moi because the "trimming" operation in Moi are much more robust than the trimming tools available in vector apps.

The making-of: http://take.ms/xX0Tcp

From this :)

To this!

In the second example I leverage more deeply on operation that Moi can do much better compared to what we can do in Affinity Photo, that is "replicate on path" and "boolean operations"

The making-of: http://take.ms/dogO5

From this:

To this!

That's all!

Hope you like it.

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
17 Jul 2018   [#71]
Nice idea Marco! :-)

I used for my initial drawing for the Bubo and Bugi models also MoI, to obtain a nice curvature flow.

I simply started with ellipses and spheres, to form the bunnies... ;-)

Regards
Stefan
17 Jul 2018   [#72] In reply to [#71]
Thanks Stefan!

I really like to find alternative ways to fit Moi into my current CG pipeline.
And vector graphics is one of the best field for it. But furthermore Moi is very useful also for creating supporting graphic for a further digital painting process.
If only could exist something similar to Moi on iOS I could "close the loop" and almost definitely get rid of my windows desktop/laptop.

The unique product that is powerful like (and even more) Moi on ipad Pro is onShape, the very well known cloud based CAD.
It's awesome and has super powerful feature but it misses two essential characteristics:
1) It has absolutely not the workflow of Moi, its speed of execution
2) It lacks any exporting feature on mobile. Only with onShape on desktop systems I can export things outside of it
17 Jul 2018   [#73]
Hi Marco,

I understand. It would be cool if something like a Wine Emulator for iOS would be available,
but as understood there is none available. Another thing is (according to rumors) that Apple
may release support for iOS, so that iOS apps can run under macOS, but this would not help
you either, because you have a Windows box.

Regards
Stefan

Show messages:  1-3  4-23  24-43  44-63  64-73