MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Push pull end edge broken

Show messages: All  1  2-7

7 Oct 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hell Francesco,

Yep it's normal - but you can heal it, if you want. Select all the peaces of the edge - hit the tab-key - and type merge. Then every thing is fine:-)

Have a nice day
Karsten
7 Oct 2017   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Karsten and thank you for the answer
I'm right at the beginning and I apologize for asking for trivial things.
Could you explain better?
I select the 4 edges and use the "merge" button but I create two superimposed curves. The solid remains with broken edges.
I do not use (yet) keyboard commands.
A greeting.
7 Oct 2017   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hello Francesco,
the merge command has no icon/button in moi, it seems that you have used the join command. That will copy the edges and join the copy together - not that what you want.
So hit the tab button of your keyboard - the cursor will jump into the field where the coordinates normally are displayed (lower window border in the middle). Now you can type commands here- in this case merge - close with enter.

Give your keyboard a chance;-)
- Karsten
7 Oct 2017   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thanks Karsten, done and works.
7 Oct 2017   [#6] In reply to [#1]
Hi Francesco, yes this is one of the areas that I want to work on in v4 - currently there is a Merge command that does what you want but there isn't an icon for it in the UI because I get worried about having 2 buttons with very similar names on them. So to run Merge currently you need to either type in the command name as Karsten writes above or you can set it up on a keyboard shortcut with Merge as the command name part of the shortcut key.

For v4 I'd like to make a new Join function that would have options inside it for something like "Keep segmented" (like how Join currently works) or "Merge segments"... Something like that anyway.

- Michael
7 Oct 2017   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Thanks to Michael for your attention and response.
With Karsten's help I've already solved the problem.
If in future you will be able to insert an icon well.
I renew my compliments for the software and forum support that is definitely the most important thing.
Francesco.

Show messages: All  1  2-7