MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: 2 years with MOI

Show messages: All  1-6  7-11

6 Oct 2017   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Michael- I'm looking forward to seeing what you consider to be improvements to MOI.
raytownmike- I've struggled with Illustrator for years and never got comfortable with it. My wife was an artist for a publishing company- used Illustrator daily, so I had a good coach, but I always felt clumsy and awkward using it. I've settled on exporting a pdf of a view that I like from MOI, then opening the pdf in MOI to cleanup the linework. The trimming, extending and general editing functions in MOI are much easier for me to use- once I've edited the drawing I export it again and both pdf and dxf files are pretty good. I tried and didn't like Affinity Designer- Inkscape is good- has a really good 'simplify' function that eliminates lots of unneeded points, currently getting better with Autodesk Graphic, but I haven't found a 2D program that I like as well as MOI.
Rick
6 Oct 2017   [#8] In reply to [#1]
Hey rick,

""""A good youtube channel. Pointed and precise help"""

That can be this forum. Following along or askingnyour particular question, can get answered in not much time.

One of the great things aboit a Q and A, is you can get MULTIPLE answers. Learning from multiple approaches can really enhance how get around...

2 cents...
8 Oct 2017   [#9] In reply to [#6]
Michael (wrote this part)_ It has made for some complications with marketing though, just like you mention it's easy for people to jump to conclusions that something is a "toy" when they see an uncluttered or simple interface. It kind of takes a user that's more independent, self motivated and open to trying things to see beyond that. I think that has actually worked out ok though, because I find that it's more fun for me to interact with these types of users as well!

Hi Michael,

I recently wrote a piece supporting MOI 3D in this Strata thread: http://www.stratacafe.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15701
I believe in all of your efforts with MOI. Keep up the great work.

BTW this message centered around a new relationship between Strata and Cobalt.
8 Oct 2017   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Thanks Mike!

- Michael
10 Oct 2017   [#11]
I chimed in on that Strata thread, too. We MoI boosters are everywhere.

Unfortunately, Strata's online community has pretty much died on the vine; much like the program seems to have...

Show messages: All  1-6  7-11