MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Scripts and Scraps

2 Oct 2017   [#1]
Hi all ..

I open the Forum at least twice a day ... always interested in the general discussions and the progress of MoI3d. It is the best Forum I participate in. Bar none.

But ...
recently most of the space is filled with advanced and esoteric discussion that is way over my head or private discussions about scripts and nodes that forum members are working on developing.

So, I would like to make a suggestion. How about 2 Forums? One for folks like me who want to just use this wonderfully simple MoI3d as Michael writes it and works on improvements we all would like to see incorporated in the base product as well as discussion about how to get the best renderings on a minimal budget. It is also a great gallery for displaying work in progress and finished products of all kinds. I'd be on board every day to see what is happening in the user world.

Michael has said he wants to keep it simple but deliver a great, easy to use product. YES!

So, another Forum for advanced users and developers and their magic. I'd probably check into that one out of curiosity about once a month.

cheers and happy anticipation for ver 4 ... coming SOON!

eric
2 Oct 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
<< How about 2 Forums?l
it's just 3 - 5 temporary threads for happy fews! Sure maybe some long sometime : you are not obliged to open them! :)
No need a new forum for that! :)
Sure new threads will coming!
2 Oct 2017   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi eric, probably what I'll set up at some point here is 2 different folders for the forum, a "General" one and a "Scripting" one. That will likely be easier for logistics than 2 totally separate forums because once things are organized in separate spots it will be necessary to occasionally move messages posted in the wrong location and that's more difficult to set up with 2 totally different forums. It's that type of administration work that can be avoided when there's just one spot like there is currently.

I think it will be a little while before I'll be able to look into doing that since I want to stay focused for now on getting v4 out.

In the meantime for the scripting threads that you don't want to see, there is an option you can use currently to not display any particular thread that is not of interest to you, you can do that by using "Edit thread options" which is at the bottom of the message pane for a thread (or a shortcut is to click in the space to the left of the thread title in the thread list), and at the top "Interest" section set it to "Ignore" and push the Save button at the bottom. Then any further discussion on that thread will not show up for you.

Then every once in a while if you want to see what's been happening in those ignored threads, in the "View" dropdown at the top of the thread list choose "View: I've ignored" to see them.

- Michael
3 Oct 2017   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Michael ..
That sounds great and makes total sense. And, thanks, I did not realize that so much control was already individually available.
Now I will explore those options.
And, my strong preference is that you focus your energy on MoI beta 4.
eric
3 Oct 2017   [#5]
This apparently rustic forum has some tricky uses! ;) :)