MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: High Sierra maCOS 10.13

Show messages:  1-17  18-21

9 Nov 2017   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Hi kirk, well that's a bummer but thanks for reporting it... Maybe it's from something that they'll fix before coming out of beta. I just updated the MoI mac version to a 3.2 release which has the auto detect GPU option off by default now. The first beta of MoI v4 that has a native Mac build and doesn't use Wineskin anymore is just a couple days away.

- Michael
10 Nov 2017   [#19]
Thank you Michael, it works :)
4 Feb 2018   [#20]

Hi Michael,

Upgrading my OS to high sierra, I had the same problem than JAVIER.
It was fixed with you wineskin instructions: Thank you !

Then I read about the V3.2. I downloaded it and get an error message trying to open it:

" ERROR ! cannot write to info.plist, there are permission problems or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file "

- Are there in V3.2 other improvement than the automated wineskin fix ? If not, then I'm fine with the V3.1 fixed with your instructions.

If yes, do you have any advice to get rid of the error message above ?

- After V3,2, I downloaded the V4 beta and for now it's delightful :)

I plan to upgrade from V3 to V4.
Regarding price, will the V4 be cheaper for V3 owners as it was for V2 owners upgrading to V3 ?

Thank you !

4 Feb 2018   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi Elfe,

re:
> " ERROR ! cannot write to info.plist, there are permission problems or you are on a
> read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file "

This is due to a new security mechanism in recent OS versions that makes downloaded app bundles read only if they are run directly from the Downloads folder.

You can avoid it by moving the newly downloaded app into the /Applications folder instead of running it directly from Downloads.

MoI v4 without Wineskin won't need to modify its own info.plist file anymore so it won't happen anymore with v4.

> - Are there in V3.2 other improvement than the automated wineskin fix ? If not, then I'm fine
> with the V3.1 fixed with your instructions.

Nope, no other changes than that in v3.2 .

> I plan to upgrade from V3 to V4.
> Regarding price, will the V4 be cheaper for V3 owners as it was for V2 owners upgrading to V3 ?

It will be the same upgrade price as V2 to V3.

Thanks, - Michael

Show messages:  1-17  18-21