MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Fixing a model

4 Sep 2017   [#1]
Good evening all,

I was hoping that someone could help me out and advise on what is wrong with my model. It's a funnel for a WW2 destroyer model. I have 3D printed it in the past, but recently downsized it a bit to make it more accurate to the plans. Upon doing so, nothing works. Netfabb and Shapeways keep trying to close the funnel off, which sort of defeats the purpose of a hollow funnel! I've tried reextruding the funnel sides, doing Boolean Unions to link up the various parts and so on. So far, nothing really works. Adding triangles in Netfabb doesn't seem to work, either; I've been trying that for two days without success.

So, would anyone be able to tell me why the model isn't manifold, and how to solve this?

Many thanks for any and all pointers.

Bob
4 Sep 2017   [#2]
Sorry, it's not taking the attachment showing the model. I'll keep trying. It keeps saying,

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
5 Sep 2017   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Bob, is the model pretty large? If it's too big it might not work to upload it here. Could you please try to zip it and see if that will work? Or also you can e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com . If it's really large it might not work through e-mail either, in that case you'd need to upload it to a file sharing service like Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive and then post a link to it.

- Michael
6 Sep 2017   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Thank you!

Email in bound.

Bob
6 Sep 2017   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thanks Bob, I'll follow up with you through e-mail.

- Michael