MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: WIP Starship cruiser still in progress

Show messages:  1-20  21

25 Aug 2017   [#1]
Hello everyone,
just thought I'd share a starship I am building. Great tools within MOI 3D any comments welcome

Image Attachments:
star ship image 1 WIP.png  star ship image 2 WIP.png 

28 Aug 2017   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi threedfanatic
Looks very Thunder Birds Retro. Please post a render when its done I'd like to see how it comes out.
28 Aug 2017   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thanks Keith for your veiws. I am still detailing this out and yes i will render this thing out sooner or later. Thanks again for your comments!
4 Sep 2017   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Here is a little update to my starship this is a gun pod for the bottom of the starship. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome, thanks

Image Attachments:
gun pod development.png 

4 Sep 2017   [#5]
Here is another update with the Blaster devices added.

Image Attachments:
gun pod with fornt and back sections.png 

4 Sep 2017   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi 3dfanatic, it's coming together well!

- Michael
5 Sep 2017   [#7]
Thanks Michael for the feedback appreciate that, still designing this thing. Love this newer version can't wait for version 4 great program
6 Sep 2017   [#8]
Looks awesome!

Blasters beat rockets.
6 Sep 2017   [#9]
Thank you sabestian appreciate the feedback
8 Oct 2017   [#10] In reply to [#5]
Like the classic look of the main ship.

The cut lines on the blaster are great.

Could maybe revisit the main ship to have some smaller areas with that same kind of detailing to make it more cohesive?

Looking forward to seeing the final render :)
11 Oct 2017   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Thanks for your opinions really appreciate the feedback. I am planning on redoing the ship from scratch I really want something more similar to the blaster. I will hopefully be updating progress as I go when time permits. Again thanks for the feedback.
11 Oct 2017   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Here is a small update to the build of the new ship.

Image Attachments:
Newer ship rebuild.jpg 

22 Oct 2017   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Little update, finally got a chance to work on this for a bit. Let me know what you all think of the newer ship.

Image Attachments:
buttom view.jpg  perspective.jpg  side ship view.jpg  View1 smaller space ship.jpg 

23 Oct 2017   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi 3DFANATIC.

Very nice model ! I like it. I'm curious to see some render.

If I can give you a little suggestion, please check this picture :

It seems that in some area the model is too coarse. It lacks some filletting and/or smooth transition among its different body parts.

Have a nice day.

Ciao!
23 Oct 2017   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Thanks Marco sorry i should of said still a wip but your right still need to put a little more work into the wings and body connection. Also some work on the engine as well. Again thanks for the post and opinions
23 Oct 2017   [#16] In reply to [#15]
You're welcome 3DFANATIC.

Ciao!
31 Oct 2017   [#17]
Finally got some time to work a bit more on this opinions welcome. Anyway here is an update going to start to texture this thing might make some small tweaks during the process. Really liking this program and its power a bit of challenge learning this compared to the subd method, but more powerful specially when you don't have to deform an object. Take care

Image Attachments:
buttom section with landing gear.jpg  closeup of engine.jpg  closeup of inner engine section.jpg  Newer Perspective1.jpg  ship with gunpods.jpg 

2 Nov 2017   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Hi 3DFANATIC.

I see that you did some refinements on many areas!

Well done. Now it's very nice!

But, all depends on what kind of camera framing you want to use.

For example, if you have a shot where these things are very close to the camera, I think you should add some fillets or other type of refinement to the these red areas :

But, I repeat, all depends on what kind of camera framing you want to use.

Thanks for sharing.

Ciao!
4 Nov 2017   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Thanks Marco I will see how I plan to use this and if I am going to be close up or not to make those decisions. Yes adding that details is always very nice in looks but gets very expensive in added polys and increasing render times. But like you said if this is going to be in the frame and close up it is worth adding in that detail. Thanks for the detailed feedback appreciate another opinion other than my own. Have a great night
24 Nov 2017   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Hello everyone,
here are some images of the blaster that I finally got some time to work on. Let me know what you all think, thanks

Image Attachments:
000013.jpg  000086.jpg 

Show messages:  1-20  21