MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: PBR pipeline for MOI3D using 3D COAT and KEYSHOT

Show messages:  1-19  20-39  40-59  60-79  80-95

17 Jan 2017   [#80]
You're all welcome! I also added in a link to the "light" version on the forum login page to use for mobile. That one uses no frames and simplified text output.

- Michael
18 Jan 2017   [#81] In reply to [#1]
Hi Chipp and everyone!

Just another very interesting workflow involving in this case, not MOI, but only Rocket3F, 3D-Coat, InstantLight and Affinity Photo.

This workflow complements the other one that I'm already testing and using with very good results, that is Moi->3DCoat.

Look at this resources :

A Realtime recorded video with water and rain effects!
The original video was recorded in FullHD but I made a mistake during Youtube upload and the final
quality is very bad (360p).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62KZYV6HU1k

https://rocket3f.com/forum/showcase/115-experiments-and-epic-fails?start=150#2372

https://rocket3f.com/forum/showcase/115-experiments-and-epic-fails?start=150#2384

https://rocket3f.com/forum/showcase/115-experiments-and-epic-fails?start=150#2389

See you.
18 Jan 2017   [#82]
Last image is very cool!
18 Jan 2017   [#83] In reply to [#82]
Thanks Pilou!

It's only thanks to InstantLight and its realtime VFX.

Ciao!
19 Jan 2017   [#84]
Good for you. Looks like you're enjoying Instant Light :-)
19 Jan 2017   [#85] In reply to [#84]
Hi Chipp!

Yes! I'm exploring the various possibilities offered by this new and very peculiar realtime renderer coupled with 3D-Coat.

If only I had a more powerful Nvidia Quadro card... (my good old Quadro K3100M 4Gb seems to mark time).

And you ?

What are you experimenting with 3D-Coat ? Let us know :)

For the moment I'm trying to improve my hard surface workflow : Moi -> 3DCoat.

See you.
20 Jan 2017   [#86] In reply to [#85]
Hi Marco,

I'm currently exploring similar pipelines. I've been hired by a large east coast consumer products company to help create their AR/VR product visualization strategy. I'm now working on bringing CAD files into a virtual environment and being able to view it on a Vive headset. In particular, I'm exploring workflows and pipelines into Unity and UE4. I suspect there may be some tutorials along those lines, as well as CAD (in my case MoI) -> 3D Coat -> Marmoset (optional) -> UE4 and/or Unity.

Stay tuned for what I hope is an interesting discussion :-)
20 Jan 2017   [#87] In reply to [#86]
Hi Chipp and everyone!

@chippwalters "CAD (in my case MoI) -> 3D Coat -> Marmoset (optional) -> UE4 and/or Unity."

A very interesting and effective workflow !

If I think about that only 5-7 years ago all these kind of stuff where the exclusive preserve of super pro users with a very high knowledge and super hardware...

Instead now, with some weeks spent to learn the Retopo/Uv/Baking/Texturing fundamentals with the help of some good online course and a fairly decent hardware, with all this very cheap software we can create decent things with a good 3d quality! And only with some hours of work!!

Incredible ...

Of course all these PBR realtime technologies can't absolutely reach the photorealistic quality of a classical Biased/Unbiased render engine,
and in fact for the moment the only thing that I really don't love too much of PBR is that often all the renderings have a 3D Game quality.

Or, at least, for the moment I'm not able to obtain better results :)

But...we can't have everything we want :)

@chippwalters "Stay tuned for what I hope is an interesting discussion :-)"

Certainly !

See you and a nice day to everyone!
20 Jan 2017   [#88]
Unity and UE4 are magic programs but maybe their learning curves are not so easy! :)
20 Jan 2017   [#89]
Hey Chipp - I've just picked up a Vive - really interested to see your workflow to get everything cracking in VR. BTW Jama is busily working away in Medium for Oculus. You should try it out, like a super basic voxel environment in VR...I'm guessing he'll be sharing this on Learn Squared soon.

Cheers,

- Rich
20 Jan 2017   [#90]
FYI...

Strata is looking for beta testers who have a VR ready computer and the full HTC Vive set to help test Strata's upcoming VR app for visualizing projects on the HTC Vive.

If you, or someone you know, might be interested, send an email to vrbeta@strata.com.

-- MindSet
21 Jan 2017   [#91]
Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions.

My primary goal is to try and create as real as possible virtual environments where product models can be loaded in one of many use-case scenes. I'd like to try and see if the Vive controllers can be used to interact with the scene elements.

Yes, I've heard of the voxel based Occulus modeler. It looks pretty cool and I'm interested in what Jama will come up with. I haven't had the time lately to don my Rift and check it out-- and I probably won't any time soon as I'm pretty much booked with the Vive project right now. I'll keep folks posted as I figure things out.
23 Jan 2017   [#92]

New video baking high quality normal tangent space from voxelized high rez objects onto low poly objects. This is good for games and VR.
24 Jan 2017   [#93] In reply to [#92]
Hi Chipp,
Thanks for the video, its quite interesting, for me, your workflow/founds, going from Moi to PBR texturing in 3D Coat.
Carlos
8 Feb 2017   [#94] In reply to [#27]
Hi
As nobody else has mentioned this it may not be an issue for everyone, but I have had trouble using auto retopo on Moi exported obj even after voxelizatio. I have had much better results by importing via the "Repair Scanned Mesh" option. I have no real idea why this is but its worked with a few test obj. I posted just incase its a tip that could prove useful for others.
Regards
Keith
13 Oct 2017   [#95]
Interesting discussion! I've read all posts, and now that I've bought 3D Coat, I'm going to check out all tips and video tuts. Thanks!

Have a nice weekend,

Show messages:  1-19  20-39  40-59  60-79  80-95