MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Rendering software

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81

21 Jul 2016   [#1]
Hello. I would like to ask you about rendering software. During last week I tried dozen different installations, but I'm not satisfied at all. Maybe you can help me.
So, here are requirements:
1. Standalone, non plug-in to 3dmax or another software, can work offline (unlike Luxrender or Lagoa)
2. Has a material editor (unlike HDR Light Studio)
3. Has a possibility to create and place my own light panel with gradient (falloff) (unlike Owlet or Toolbag or Keyshot HD or tons of others)
4. Costs less than a wing for an airplane (unlike Keyshot Pro), without a subscription (unlike Fluidray)
5. Has a human-friendly interface (unlike Pov-Ray)
6. Doesn't require a special videocard (unlike Octane Render)

Does my favorite software exist or I wish too much?
21 Jul 2016   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi glmr, give SimLab Composer a try.

- Michael
21 Jul 2016   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi glmr,

I have been using Modo to render MOI models for some time and it works very well. MOI had a good export function for the Light Wave format which is native to Modo. It has become more expensive (and complex) over the years but it is a full featured modeling, rigging and animation program. The rendering engine is very flexible, fast and produces excellent images. I find the rendering interface very human-friendly. There is a demo available if you want to try it. Good luck and happy rendering. tc
21 Jul 2016   [#4]
Kerkythea answers yes to all your points!
And it's free! :)
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/
21 Jul 2016   [#5]
Hello,

Thea Render

https://www.thearender.com/
22 Jul 2016   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Thea Render and Kerkythea don't create falloff panels.
Will try Simlab, thanks
22 Jul 2016   [#7] In reply to [#6]
http://www.formation-sketchup.fr/PDF/Kerkythea-Tutoriel-Demarrage-Anglais.pdf
Fall Off page 25
22 Jul 2016   [#8] In reply to [#7]
it works not for panels, but for spotlight and point only
22 Jul 2016   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Looks like SimLab Composer doesn't make falloff panels
22 Jul 2016   [#10] In reply to [#9]
In fact what is exactly a Fall Off Panels ?
Have you an image of the result of that?
22 Jul 2016   [#11] In reply to [#10]
like this
https://docs.chaosgroup.com/download/attachments/12084021/VRay_Modo_VRayRT_Render_B.PNG?version=1&modificationDate=1467188876000&api=v2

with a gradient on edges
22 Jul 2016   [#12]
glmr > you want the moon and never you could find an application like you want for money less.
I'm designer and i've tested a lot of appli before buy one.
The most professional for me is Keyshot. The renders are incomparable and the catch in hand is easy.
Just my two cents...
22 Jul 2016   [#13] In reply to [#12]
even Cinema 4D is cheaper than Keyshot Pro. and it has muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more features.
22 Jul 2016   [#14]
You want a renderer ? C4D isn't.
I know C4D and use it to modeling project.
It's for that, the C4D designers use VRay, Octane, Indigo or Arnold to render on C4D.
22 Jul 2016   [#15] In reply to [#12]
<< with a gradient on edges
10 seconds for a simple blemish light : i's not gratifiant! ;)
22 Jul 2016   [#16] In reply to [#14]
C4D has good enough render. Yes I want render, but not for a price of CAD+rendering. I would be happy to buy also Keyshot, but in this moment I could buy or moi3d+another rendering software and have some money for living or buy Keyshot and die from hunger. For this reason I asked for an alternative and for this reason I explained what I need. Is it clear?
PS: Keyshot HD sucks. I've got no any idea who pays for this toy.
22 Jul 2016   [#17]
You have pretty good renders engines inside Blender who are entierely free! Blender too!
The only cost is the learning curve who is not so evident for my old brain! :)

So I prefere Fusion 360 (free for enthusiast,hobbyst, student, even StartUp ! http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/try-buy
who has a render like a sort of an easy Keyshot for mecanical volumes or other crazzy forms! Life is too short! :)
And works very fine with Moi :)

23 Jul 2016   [#18] In reply to [#17]

FYI, you can create soft box HDRIs in KeyShot.

You can also create planes in KeyShot and map them with a gradient transparency then set them to area lights.

In fact you can do use gradient transparent falloffs for light boxes in lots of the renderers around, including realtime ones like Unreal 4.
23 Jul 2016   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Very smart elegance! ;)
23 Jul 2016   [#20] In reply to [#2]
Michael,

I was looking at the SimLab software. Is the basic hobbyist package good for use with MoI or is a more advanced level required?

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81