MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Nodebundle for playing with nodes

Show messages:  1-20  …  541-560  561-580  581-600  601-620  621-640  641-660  661-680  …  1841-1859

Thread Split: Some posts in this thread have been moved here

9 Oct 2017   [#601] In reply to [#600]
Hi Karsten,
thanks will experiment with it.
Just out of interest could you explain why when using my if/else node it did not work when value of 'a' was 100 or over.
It's set to if (a>b) {out = (a-b)} else {out = 0}
I know it's my coding and inexperience but it will help my learning curve.
Many thanks
Barry

Image Attachments:
Node problem.gif 

9 Oct 2017   [#602] In reply to [#601]
Hello Barry,

your variables a and b are Arrays! If you want to compare elements of the arrays you have to Access the single elements with e.g. a[5]<b[0].

What the result of a<b is? I don't know. The this.properties.mode things are only useful for the multiprocess functionality Max implemented.

I think you have to implement a multiprocess function (Standard Long) or do it manually when you only want to compare all elements of the "a" Array with one single value of "b" (b[0].

for (var i=0; i<a.length;i++) if(a[i]<b[0]) doSomething();

I hope that helps for further steps.

Have a nice day
Karsten

p.s.: out is also an Array - so use out.push(a[0]-b[0]);-)
10 Oct 2017   [#603]
Hello Friends
Continuing exploring Minimal Surfaces,
in particular of the Scherk Singly Periodic
and the possibility of aggregating of the base module,
particularly in the most popular Saddle Tower,
I would like to share with you this interesting one
transformation...
a Twisted Torus of the Basic Saddle (Low Poly)
with the possibility of increasing the branches of the tower itself.....
file at this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sf3u5jrbc9dc5jc/Twisted_Scherk_witn_n%C3%82%C2%B0_branch.rar
Good depth.......
Have a nice evening to all
al
10 Oct 2017   [#604] In reply to [#603]
Hi AL!

I have a problem with all the nodes that you have posted lately.

None of them work with the latest 0.97.... version of NE.

Every time I load one of your node file, the "Run" button of NE is always disabled.

Instead if, for example, I create a new node or load one of the latest Max's node (Macro.nod for example) all works fine.

Please check this screencapture, it is relative to the node you posted at http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7777.603

Maybe I'm missing something...

This is the content of my "C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\nodeeditor.v.0.97.2017.10.05\nodes\extensions"
and "C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\nodeeditor.v.0.97.2017.10.05\nodes\extensions\libs" folders

And this is the code I have into index.html file of NE :

code:
loadScripts('core','lang, compatibility, colors, geometry, main, editor');
loadScripts('nodes','macros, basic, logic, points, curves, solids, construct, transform, objects, interface');
loadScripts('nodes/extensions/libs','*');
loadScripts('nodes/extensions','*');
loadScripts('core','init, ext.*');

Could you help me ?

Thanks.

Ciao!
10 Oct 2017   [#605]
Hi Marco
the file posted,I did it with 0.96 Version....
I downloaded Version 0.97, but I'm not using it yet
ciao
al
10 Oct 2017   [#606] In reply to [#605]
Ok Al.

I will try with 0.96.

Ciao!
10 Oct 2017   [#607] In reply to [#606]
Hi Marco

There are missed nodes in your nod-file.
Check all nodes with red title
10 Oct 2017   [#608] In reply to [#607]
Thanks a lot Max for the tip!

Ciao.
10 Oct 2017   [#609] In reply to [#607]
Ok. Solved!

I had the wrong version of "transform2.js".

Thanks.
11 Oct 2017   [#610] In reply to [#609]
Hello Marco,

it's fine that you figured out the Problem. I've posted some updates in single files, so it's difficult to start, when you not followed the complete Progress. But I don't know if it is useful to post a complete package when I only changed or added one single node. Esspecially when also new Versions from Max comming up. Sorry for that.

Have a nice day
Karsten
11 Oct 2017   [#611] In reply to [#610]
Hi Karsten.

Thanks for the reply

@You : "...But I don't know if it is useful to post a complete package when I only changed or added one single node..."

Well...

As I said many times, I have my very personal point of view, a point of view of a software developer.

IMHO, in order to avoid version madness and headache, this is the best methods to keep all the users up to date
about "extensions" nodes made by us or by anyone other than Max :

I mean, the Max's way.

I think this is the best solution.

That is, having an online repository, like http://moi.maxsm.net/nodeeditor/, where all users can download always the very latest version of some particular
"extensions" for NE written by some developer.

This is a huge benefit, because a user doesn't have to wonder "Hmmm...is this the correct version of the script ? I remember that someone here and there
said that at line 130 of the code I have to put "x = x +1" and not "x = x -1".

I think that now is the time to definitively stop this strange situation :)

A "user" of a script or node must only download and overwrite all the files without wonder what's inside them.

This is an aspect "TOTALLY" delegated to the developer of the node.

Please, let's stop version madness :)

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
11 Oct 2017   [#612] In reply to [#611]
P.S.

When I say "..That is, having an online repository, like http://moi.maxsm.net/nodeeditor/, where all users can download...",
I mean that "each" developer could have a personal online repository where he can upload all his scripts/nodes/plugins,
without the need to have a global repository for all Moi's users.

ASAP I'm going to create my personal online repository with all the scripts/plugins/nodes/ I have written so far or I hope to write in the near future :)

Have a nice day.
11 Oct 2017   [#613] In reply to [#611]
Hello Marco,

the thread is called -"Nodebundle for playing with Nodes" with Focus on playing. I left the "Parametric design in Moi" thread with this stuff, because there were some critics - ok. Only a few People really playing with the additions. I wrote some nodes, because some of them requested a special functionallity. I have no masterplan for developing that stuff. Max has developed some alternative and improoved nodes - so some of my nodes are obsolete now. I haven't a Homepage or a repository. I tried to start a documentation on Michaels Homepage. But a wiki System isn't a one man Show! From time to time I get some critics now here, that a posted nodefile isn't working and I try to help. I also try to answer question how to solve a particular Problem while using the nodeeditor. I sometimes ask for intuitive names for nodes, with some execptions, I didn't get answers. Sometimes I have the Feeling that some guys here are not amused that someone is writing nodes here -anyway.

Nevertheless,
have a nice day
Karsten
11 Oct 2017   [#614] In reply to [#613]
Hello Karsten,

@You : "...Sometimes I have the Feeling that some guys here are not amused that someone is writing nodes here..."

:) You're right. It's like coding "scripting/nodes" is considered a "strange" thing.

Anyway, I understand and respect your point of view.

But, I have only a final simple question :)

What is the difficult to have a very personal online repository where upload very personal script/nodes/plugin and where all other
users con be redirected from Moi's posts, in order to download latest version of personal experimental/testing/developing/scripting/nodes ?

I think that almost everyone use Google Drive/One Drive/Dropbox/etc... so a personal repository is not a problem.

This could be very helpful not only for final "users" but also for us, the developers of that stuff.

What do you think about ?

Thanks in advance.

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
11 Oct 2017   [#615] In reply to [#613]
Hi Karsten

>>Sometimes I have the Feeling that some guys here are not amused that someone is writing nodes here -anyway.<<

Please also know that some guys here are eternally grateful for those champions of NE, of whom you are the greatest (second only to max himself)

Please do not be disparaged;
keep up the good fight.

James
11 Oct 2017   [#616] In reply to [#615]
Thanks James,

I'm only the Igor of Dr.Frankenstein!
https://youtu.be/nxxSIX3fmmo

So have a nice day
Karsten
11 Oct 2017   [#617] In reply to [#616]
Hi Karsten,

I wish you had not included that link.
Now when I am writing you, this is the image I'll conjure.

Yes Master...... Yes Master

James

Image Attachments:
Igor_Stravinsky.jpg 

11 Oct 2017   [#618]
Hi Karsten
I fully share the thought of James
>>Please also know that some guys here are eternally grateful for those champions of NE, of whom you are the greatest (second only to max himself<<
You are a" carrier column " of Elephnat System
no one can question it.
But, about your feeling .......>>Sometimes I have the Feeling that some guys here are not amused that someone is writing nodes here -anyway.<<
I also notice it ...
Let's make force my Friends
best
al
11 Oct 2017   [#619] In reply to [#618]
Hi AL.

I'm on the side of "script developers" too!

Long life to anyone who wants to experiment, and is never going to be satisfied with "the same old things" :)

Only, I would really appreciate a greater commitment in keeping things well organized (scripts, version, and etc...)

But, apparently there's no one that agrees with me about this point.

No problem at all for me.

I will continue to play and learn from the great P. Elephant, thanks to Max, you, James, Karsteen and all other Elephant's guys :)

Ciao!
11 Oct 2017   [#620] In reply to [#613]
Hi Karsteen.

Just in order to definitively close this argument (for me)....

@You : "...Sometimes I have the Feeling that some guys here are not amused that someone is writing nodes here..."

I sincerely hope that you are not referring to me, because, even if I always said that my mathematics knowledge is very weak,
I wrote some utility nodes too, nothing really special although :), and some commands/script and new others will come :).

I think too that your contribution to P. Elephant is excellent.

So I really love "developing" as much as "modelling" side!

I hope that I made myself clear this time.

Have a nice day.

Ciao!

Show messages:  1-20  …  541-560  561-580  581-600  601-620  621-640  641-660  661-680  …  1841-1859