MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Nodebundle for playing with nodes

Show messages:  1-5  …  526-545  546-565  566-585  586-605  606-625  626-645  646-665  …  1846-1859

Thread Split: Some posts in this thread have been moved here

7 Oct 2017   [#586]
Hello,

I want to share a draft or better a proof of concept for some new nodes. They work not stable, has bad performance and are critical to their parameters. So don't try to use it for creating something serious. I am at the beginning to understand the problem in detail. It's something for a boring rainy sunday.

A nice weekend to all
Karsten

Attachments:
double-hex.nod
hypervar.nod

7 Oct 2017   [#587]
Hi All,
I'm experimenting with animating a mechanism using the quartz node as the cycle actuator (time line).
Can anybody tell me how to have various start points for different movements .
As an example Quartz set to start at 0 and end at 250 how can I trip a start of a movement at 50 and stop at 200.
Any ideas
Barry
7 Oct 2017   [#588] In reply to [#587]
Hello Barry,

start Quartz from 0 to 150 and add 50 with a math node? I don't really know what You want to do.

- Karsten
7 Oct 2017   [#589] In reply to [#587]
Or something like that, if you want to connect different arrays with values?

Attachments:
b.nod

7 Oct 2017   [#590] In reply to [#588]
Hi. Karsten,
I'm using the quartz node instead of a slider to give my selections movement but as they do not all start at 0.
Some start moving at 0 and others maybe stationary till say 50 then move.
So if you think of the quartz node as a time line and it triggers movements at given points.
I was thinking an if/else node might be my answer ie: if (condition) {  block of code to be executed if the condition is true}
else { block of code to be executed if the condition is false}
Hope this clarifies what I'm trying to achieve.
Cheers
Barry
7 Oct 2017   [#591] In reply to [#590]
Hello Barry,

have a closer look to the posted b.nod file or have a look to that one - you can do that with that;-) maybe you can also use the compare node.

Cheers
Karsten

Attachments:
b2.nod

7 Oct 2017   [#592] In reply to [#586]
Hi Karsten,

formfinding node is very impressive. My dearest hope is that showers are forecast for tomorrow (your time) so that you may finesse the coding.At first, I had assumed that Moi was freezing when I tried you examples, but then when I finally saw the results, my heart leaped...truly truly inspiring stuff.
(I have dreamed the dreams of Frei Otto)

Great work!
James
7 Oct 2017   [#593]
I'm trying to build a nod using the circular array node.
It appears that the node requires the count input to be an integer.
Is it possible to convert the output of a Math node from floating point to integer?
I've tried using (Int) in the Math function field but that doesn't seem to work.
Is there another way?

Mike.
7 Oct 2017   [#594] In reply to [#593]
Hi Mike,

Use Basic/Math node with formula: "round(a)"
to round to near integer,

or floor(a) to round down
or ceil(a) to round up

Hope this helps
James
7 Oct 2017   [#595] In reply to [#594]
Thanks!!!
8 Oct 2017   [#596] In reply to [#592]
Hello James,

it will take a while until the node will work. At the moment I have some bugs and I'm not a programmer. JavaScript isn't easy to debug. I have to find a solution for fast convergence and a good criterium for equilibrium. Sometimes the algorythm blows the mesh into space. A display after every step won't work, but I don't know why - it would help to understand what's going on - and would be an eye catcher. I don't want to ask the experts, because they have better things to do (v4, Elephants, additional interfaces ...). What to give to the output and which format is also not definded - at the end we want to do something with the result.

So - the winter comes here and that will help to focus to such things.

Have a nice day
Karsten
8 Oct 2017   [#597] In reply to [#590]
Hello Barry,

here is another example that demostrates the workflow. If it isn't useful for you you can maybe relax with it.

Have a nice day
Karsten

Attachments:
ping.nod

8 Oct 2017   [#598] In reply to [#597]
Hi Karsten,
thanks it is relaxing however the node workings are beyond me.
I have tried to create an if/else node but it does not output when it reaches 100.
Could you have a look please if only for your entertainment.
I did try to enter it within the formula section in the maths node but no go.
As they say a little knowledge is dangerous thing.
Again many thanks
Barry
8 Oct 2017   [#599] In reply to [#598]
Hello Barry,

to understand the nodefile it is neccesary to think in positions of your objects. Then select the matching positions of your objects with the idxSelect nodes -controlled with the Quartz node.
Thats all.

I will have a look to your idea and try to understand it, but not today, it's late in the evening and I had some beer while watching TV(Soccer - Worldchampionship qualifing:-).

So have a nice evening
Karsten
9 Oct 2017   [#600] In reply to [#598]
Hello Barry,

you don't Need a new node for that - have a look to the example. Compare and split will do that what you want. Have also a look to the RMB on split.

Have a nice day
Karsten

Attachments:
compare-Split.nod

9 Oct 2017   [#601] In reply to [#600]
Hi Karsten,
thanks will experiment with it.
Just out of interest could you explain why when using my if/else node it did not work when value of 'a' was 100 or over.
It's set to if (a>b) {out = (a-b)} else {out = 0}
I know it's my coding and inexperience but it will help my learning curve.
Many thanks
Barry

Image Attachments:
Node problem.gif 

9 Oct 2017   [#602] In reply to [#601]
Hello Barry,

your variables a and b are Arrays! If you want to compare elements of the arrays you have to Access the single elements with e.g. a[5]<b[0].

What the result of a<b is? I don't know. The this.properties.mode things are only useful for the multiprocess functionality Max implemented.

I think you have to implement a multiprocess function (Standard Long) or do it manually when you only want to compare all elements of the "a" Array with one single value of "b" (b[0].

for (var i=0; i<a.length;i++) if(a[i]<b[0]) doSomething();

I hope that helps for further steps.

Have a nice day
Karsten

p.s.: out is also an Array - so use out.push(a[0]-b[0]);-)
10 Oct 2017   [#603]
Hello Friends
Continuing exploring Minimal Surfaces,
in particular of the Scherk Singly Periodic
and the possibility of aggregating of the base module,
particularly in the most popular Saddle Tower,
I would like to share with you this interesting one
transformation...
a Twisted Torus of the Basic Saddle (Low Poly)
with the possibility of increasing the branches of the tower itself.....
file at this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sf3u5jrbc9dc5jc/Twisted_Scherk_witn_n%C3%82%C2%B0_branch.rar
Good depth.......
Have a nice evening to all
al
10 Oct 2017   [#604] In reply to [#603]
Hi AL!

I have a problem with all the nodes that you have posted lately.

None of them work with the latest 0.97.... version of NE.

Every time I load one of your node file, the "Run" button of NE is always disabled.

Instead if, for example, I create a new node or load one of the latest Max's node (Macro.nod for example) all works fine.

Please check this screencapture, it is relative to the node you posted at http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7777.603

Maybe I'm missing something...

This is the content of my "C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\nodeeditor.v.0.97.2017.10.05\nodes\extensions"
and "C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\nodeeditor.v.0.97.2017.10.05\nodes\extensions\libs" folders

And this is the code I have into index.html file of NE :

code:
loadScripts('core','lang, compatibility, colors, geometry, main, editor');
loadScripts('nodes','macros, basic, logic, points, curves, solids, construct, transform, objects, interface');
loadScripts('nodes/extensions/libs','*');
loadScripts('nodes/extensions','*');
loadScripts('core','init, ext.*');

Could you help me ?

Thanks.

Ciao!
10 Oct 2017   [#605]
Hi Marco
the file posted,I did it with 0.96 Version....
I downloaded Version 0.97, but I'm not using it yet
ciao
al

Show messages:  1-5  …  526-545  546-565  566-585  586-605  606-625  626-645  646-665  …  1846-1859