MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Nodebundle for playing with nodes

Show messages:  1-16  …  477-496  497-516  517-536  537-556  557-576  577-596  597-616  …  1857-1859

Thread Split: Some posts in this thread have been moved here

16 Sep 2017   [#537] In reply to [#533]
Hello James,

I'm not familar with GH. So I don't know what it does in GH. The reMap in the nodeeditor interpolates only given values with a equdistant parameter [0,1,..,n] to a natural spline function. The output gives a number of values lying on that function. I don't think that the GH node has the same meaning!? Remap2 makes the same, but on the RMB you can switch to points as an input. Here the node makes the same however for the 3 coordinates.

The Logic nodes written by me are obsolete, because Max has decided that numarray instead of boolean should be used. Unfortunately all nodes are in the same menu. Nevertheless I will update my nodes some day. A sort node is possible, but I didn't understand your intention already. We need an input for the values e.g. a numarray and a second input for numarray, pointarrays or an object list with a corresponding output for the sorted elements- or only an output with the ordered indices of the input and use later idxSelect?
<<<Also I have be watching online grasshopper tutorials in an effort to vary spacing of points on a curve dependant degree of curvature.
That is also possible - I have programmed already a curvature analysis, but it's a lot of work to recreate a new curve given by the result. I think it's more useful to have a look to the script rebuild and wrap it to a node.

Have a nice weekend
Karsten

Message 7777.538 was deleted

16 Sep 2017   [#539]
<< I'm not sure if this is what you mean,
<< or indeed even if you were addressing me.

an image like an ellipsoïd, torus or any object result of a use node(s)!
for give desire to use (or not) these or that node(s)! ;)

Image of node itself is the technical part!
Practical only if you want use this node for made the image(s) above!

Message 7777.540 was deleted

18 Sep 2017   [#541] In reply to [#531]
Very nice.
Mike.
18 Sep 2017   [#542]
Hello friends
First of all thanks to Brain for approval my Work concerninn node. SuperToroid,
I'll try it with Super Cyclides, but it's not like that discounted the result .......
I continue exploring the Minimal Surfaces ,
now is the turn of Schoen FRD- module-
always molded in Low Poly-
For those interested find the file on this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6su1mcy9urmdhy9/Schoen%20Minimal%20FRD.rar
Happy continuation at all
al
18 Sep 2017   [#543] In reply to [#542]
Oh my goodness me.
That is so complex, Al.
Wonderful result.
Mike.
21 Sep 2017   [#544]
Hello Friends
Now is the turn of another Minimal sur-Cattalan, beyond
to the canonical surface
I created a strip using the edges of the surface ..
how many interested people find the file at this link :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zks994xy5sq326m/Catalan-_Minimal.rar
Have a nice day to all
al
PS ( many tanks Mike)
21 Sep 2017   [#545] In reply to [#544]
Hi AL2000.

Does it work with the latest official version of P. Elephant that Max published some days ago ?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Bye.
21 Sep 2017   [#546]
Please post a simple screen of the GEOMETRIC RESULT! (animated image will be a must but a still image will be also sufficient)
(the node one also will be a must but the geometric is INDISPENSABLE for the reader of this thread! )

Here for example LinePoly by James http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7713.121

Geometric on the Top, node(s) on the Bottom

Complete version of the node LinePoly here in French! ;)

21 Sep 2017   [#547] In reply to [#546]
Hi Pilou, although it certainly is nice it also takes extra work to generate images like that. You just can't expect that every time someone shares some of their node work that they should be required to do even more additional work if they don't have a lot of time available or if they just don't happen to like to do those extra steps.

If you want to see what it does in a visual way, why not just download it and run it so you can see it right there on your own screen?

- Michael
21 Sep 2017   [#548] In reply to [#544]
Ok AL2000.

I have downloaded and I've seen that it works with latest version of P. Elephant.

Bye.
21 Sep 2017   [#549]
Hi everyone!

After a very long time I'm back to play with P. Elephant.
I forgot almost everything... :)

Just to make a warm lap I did this very simple "pseudo bolt" generator.

It works with latest version of P. Elephant (get it at http://moi.maxsm.net/nodeeditor/)

This is the .nod file : http://take.ms/auUrs

Check this video : http://take.ms/bBp3n

Bye!
21 Sep 2017   [#550] In reply to [#549]
Hello Marco,

thanks for sharing the Video. It will help People to start with the nodeeditor - and the Project is it worth that more People use it.

Have a nice day
Karsten
21 Sep 2017   [#551] In reply to [#550]
You're welcome!

I hope to find some spare times in the next days to translate my old PointArray utility nodes for the 0.94 version of Elephant.
But, as I said....I remember almost anything of Elephant :)

Bye.
21 Sep 2017   [#552] In reply to [#547]
<< why not just download it and run it so you can see it right there on your own screen?

Sure but I suppose that a creator of node must run its node for test it! :)

So no more add work to reccord it with something like that...
http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

and for a reader of the tread it's more easy to know what is the visual subject of something than darky words like
Minimal surface-Cattalan :)
21 Sep 2017   [#553] In reply to [#551]
Hello Marco,

all additional nodes of v0.93 should work in V0.94 also - at the Moment I can't see changes in the internal function of the nodes - as Max mentioned it a while ago.

@Pilou: Sometimes it is more fascination to explore something with a Little suspense or a suprise, than to know the result at first.

So a nice day to all
Karsten
21 Sep 2017   [#554] In reply to [#553]
Hi

@You : "...all additional nodes of v0.93 should work in V0.94 also.."

Thanks for the info.

The problem is that I wrote my utility nodes long time before v0.93 so I don't know is they work.
I have to check.

Bye.
21 Sep 2017   [#555] In reply to [#554]
I consider all additional nodes as our little babies - regardless of their origin - so I've taken care of yours too;-) But nevertheless It's a Little bit difficult to check them all.
21 Sep 2017   [#556] In reply to [#555]
@You : "...so I've taken care of yours too..."

Thanks a lot Karsten!

Show messages:  1-16  …  477-496  497-516  517-536  537-556  557-576  577-596  597-616  …  1857-1859